Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long have you shot bullseye, time to get to each classification.

+12
Lightfoot
Chris Miceli
oxbowbob
TampaTim
lyman1903
Tim:H11
mpolans
Jon Eulette
john bickar
joy2shoot
LenV
zanemoseley
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How long have you shot bullseye, time to get to each classification. - Page 2 Empty How long have you shot bullseye, time to get to each classification.

Post by zanemoseley Sun Aug 26 2018, 20:46

First topic message reminder :

I'm curious what everyone's "story" is. How long have you shot bullseye. About how many matches have you shot. How long did it take you to achiece each classification.

I'll start. I began slowly in 2015 and 2016, in 2017 I caught the "bug" and have been going to a lot of matches. I love sleeping in on weekends but regularly leave the house at 6ish on lots of Sundays.

2015: Shot 4 matches, all with irons, attained MK
2016: Shot 6 matches, got into red dots
2017: Shot 14 matches, got SS and EX
2018: Shot 10 matches so far, trying hard for master but have plateaued a bit.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

How long have you shot bullseye, time to get to each classification. - Page 2 Empty Re: How long have you shot bullseye, time to get to each classification.

Post by zanemoseley Mon Sep 03 2018, 11:36

940's.... Do tell.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

How long have you shot bullseye, time to get to each classification. - Page 2 Empty Re: How long have you shot bullseye, time to get to each classification.

Post by Richard L Mon Sep 03 2018, 13:15

2017: Shot my first match in the Fall. Made MK in two matches.
2018: Still a MK, but likely SS by the end of year (crossing fingers).

I had a long lead time acquiring guns, scoping them, joining a proper BE range (long wait list), etc.
Richard L
Richard L

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyLueck Wed Sep 19 2018, 01:32

I would be curious how many rounds people fired not just the amount of time they spent.  

2013 - started 22 league (not NRA officially but 1 handed bullseye style)
2017 - Shot 2 matches to get Marksmen, first had irons on my 1911, second had the ultradot.  Use a Ruger MK III 22/45
2018 - Shot 2 matches so far.  Still Marksmen.  My 45 score for the second match was 728, which is 80.8%

I have fired about 2,500 reloaded rounds through my gun.  Before that I fired 200 factory loads.  It would probably be cheaper to dry fire in my free time.  I would rather reload the bullets though.  My problem is I don't have enough time to shoot them.  When I tell my non-shooting friends that I'm an NRA rated Marksmen, I make it a point to tell them they you only have to pull the trigger, not hit the target, to be a Marksmen.  That sums up my first match.

AndyLueck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2