Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optimal sights for bullseye shooitng.

5 posters

Go down

Optimal sights for bullseye shooitng.  Empty Optimal sights for bullseye shooitng.

Post by Sheriff1962 8/29/2018, 12:13 pm

I am used to not  having too much light on each side of my front sight when my arm is extended . I notices that a some target guns have sights that are the opposite.
 For example Sam's Beretta , Sig P226 Sport  etc, have a very generous amount of light when aiming.
What do You think is close to ideal for accurate shooting? Or personal preference?

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

Optimal sights for bullseye shooitng.  Empty Re: Optimal sights for bullseye shooitng.

Post by Chris Miceli 8/29/2018, 12:16 pm

I think people need more light spacing than they are using.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Optimal sights for bullseye shooitng.  Empty Re: Optimal sights for bullseye shooitng.

Post by Sheriff1962 8/29/2018, 12:31 pm

I though less was more precise

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 8/29/2018, 1:04 pm

Especially as we age, more light helps. 

It makes it easier to accept our wobble as well. 

Factory Glocks have almost no light around their front sights. It’s one of the many things that makes them tough guns for most to shoot well.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 8/29/2018, 1:11 pm

For my eyes now I’m able to focus on smaller amounts of light and fine edges. I don’t wear it need glasses of any enhancement. I prefer less light. If I have a minor change in windage then I’ll see it more than I would if I had more light. My mentor needs more light but he has sight and vision issues at his current age. I also hold a tight 6’oclock sight picture with irons. This is just what works for me.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 8/29/2018, 1:49 pm

My eyes have aged since 1970.  Duh.
The main thing is to "see" the front sight as clearly as possible, through a window that is the rear notch.  But the window can't be too big or too small.  The notch width and depth, lighting, your Rx, all become more a factor with age.

http://www.cincinnatirevolverclub.net/nygordsnotes/sights.htm

Those years ago I could stay on the front sight a long while and even interpret "wobble" as the movement of the front sight within the notch.  Not so any more.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down