Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP Failure to Feed Last Shot

+2
dronning
UtahDave
6 posters

Go down

Pardini SP Failure to Feed Last Shot Empty Pardini SP Failure to Feed Last Shot

Post by UtahDave 8/30/2018, 6:57 pm

I have been experiencing a FTF on the last shot.  I have a circa 2016 Pardini SP Bullseye pistol.  I am shooting CCI-SV.  I keep the pistol clean and frequently clean the magazines but I don't disassemble them.  The round typically gets caught and the bullet is deformed with a big cut in it. I'm guessing this happens one out of 15 magazines.  It's a good thing I'm not shooting league this month.

I'm guessing the pistol has maybe 5000 rounds through it. 

I don't think I'm "limp wristing" the pistol but at 72 who knows what might happen.  I use a Rink grip if that matters. 

Dave

UtahDave

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP Failure to Feed Last Shot Empty Re: Pardini SP Failure to Feed Last Shot

Post by dronning 8/30/2018, 8:06 pm

Do you know if it's always the same mag?  That would help narrow it down.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP Failure to Feed Last Shot Empty Re: Pardini SP Failure to Feed Last Shot

Post by robert84010 8/30/2018, 8:14 pm

Or try a brick of something like SK standard which is generally more consistent than CCI.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer 8/31/2018, 6:28 pm

thats about when the recoil buffer o-rings need to be replaced
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 8/31/2018, 8:05 pm

What SMBeyer said. Per Pardini, it's very important to replace recoil spring at 5k.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by UtahDave 8/31/2018, 10:26 pm

Thanks folks, I will order some spare parts.  

Of course today I shot a few hundred rounds with no problem.

Dave

UtahDave

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 9/1/2018, 2:13 am

Since it’s relatively easy and free, Id disassemble and thoroughly clean the magazines.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/1/2018, 5:55 am

gregbenner wrote:Since it’s relatively easy and free, Id disassemble and thoroughly clean the magazines.

+1 Especially since it's CCI. CCI uses a lot of (read excessive) hard waxy lube that collects in my magazines. Never had a problem with Eley Target or Club, but CCI seems to gum up the works and cause feeding problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down