Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majestic Arms Visit

+2
Chris Miceli
rich.tullo
6 posters

Go down

Majestic Arms Visit Empty Majestic Arms Visit

Post by rich.tullo 9/18/2018, 8:54 pm

I visited Majestic Arms and saw something today that I think we will all appreciate. 

I have tried some of Dino's parts and they are exceptional. 

I think the quality is superior to VQ and if you have experience KC Crawford's kits or Harrison Design Parts Majestic's quality is on par. 

I know a lot of people that have a Ruger will be very excited to see what he has coming. 

I am going to test one in the coming weeks and hopefully I will report back with exiting news.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Majestic Arms Visit Empty Re: Majestic Arms Visit

Post by Chris Miceli 9/18/2018, 9:14 pm

Fake news, my vq trigger came out great.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by desben 9/19/2018, 5:15 am

Chris Miceli wrote:Fake news, my vq trigger came out great.
Lol. As I see it, it's good to have options and competition. One potential advantage of Majestic is the availability of oversized trigger components that need fitting (on the sear tab). As much as VQ improved my trigger over stock, it's far from a great trigger and there's room for improvement.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 9/19/2018, 3:54 pm

Majestic is top notch.  I installed the trigger kit in my MK IV and had a bit of creep that was driving me nuts.  Talked to Dino and he said it to him..I did what he requested and I got the thing back the same week I sent it all fixed up.  Little stoning and it was perfect.  ZERO CHARGE. I can’t wait to see what he has coming, this is like waiting for Christmas.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 2/16/2019, 10:25 am

Just received and installed Majestic Arms parts in my MKIV 22/45.  Extended mag release, Match Grade trigger kit, vault locking block.

For my pistol I didn't have to touch the disconnector but did need to file the sear notch on my safety lever about a .001".  I didn't mess with any of the trigger adjustment screws but did slide the trigger blade as far forward as I could...  The quality of parts were excellent, much better than the OEM parts that were removed.  The vault locking block removes all extra play in the grip to receiver connection by use of a few adjustment screws.  Pistol is setup for Steel Challenge but can be used as a backup Bullseye pistol when needed.

About the only thing that I would change would be to make the trigger out of steel vs aluminum, but that is a personal preference.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Saladman 2/17/2019, 7:49 pm

How did you get the trigger pull up to the required weight?  My dad installed a set for his MKIV, and it's definitely less than 2 lbs.

Saladman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 2/18/2019, 9:21 am

Haven't measured it yet but would imagine that the sear spring leg can be tweaked to make weight, fallback plan if that doesn't work would be to reinstall the OEM sear spring.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 2/19/2019, 10:54 am

Tweaked the Majestic sear spring and could barely get it to hold at 2lb, no matter the amount of tweaking.  Reinstalled the OEM sear spring and am at 2.5-2.75lb area, trigger obviously isn't as light but is worlds better than the Ruger factory components and is legal weight for Bullseye

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Saladman 3/5/2019, 6:58 pm

I'll have to let him know that the old spring should work!

Saladman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down