Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EIC Rules..?

+4
Axehandle
john bickar
jmdavis
Tim:H11
8 posters

Go down

EIC Rules..?  Empty EIC Rules..?

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:18 am

Where is it listed in the (CMP or NRA) rule book, as to how many matches in a year a competitor can compete in and be eligible for EIC Pistol (22/service) Leg Points?

Back to top Go down

EIC Rules..?  Empty Re: EIC Rules..?

Post by jmdavis Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:32 am

Those with points are limited to 5 per year + NTI

10.2.2 EIC Match Eligibility for Non-Distinguished Civilians 

The number of EIC matches in which Non-Distinguished Civilians may compete for EIC points is limited. In any calendar year, Non-Distinguished Civilians, in either rifle or pistol, may compete in: 
a) One National Trophy Individual Match. 

b) A maximum of five (5) CMP-sanctioned Service Rifle or Service Pistol EIC matches. The scores of any competitor who fires in more than five (5) EIC matches in one calendar year will not be counted in determining EIC credit points. 

c) A service-sponsored EIC match may be fired and counted in lieu of one of the five (5) CMP-sanctioned EIC matches, if civilian entries are accepted in that match. Civilian shooters who fire in military EIC matches will be credited with earning EIC points in accordance with Rule 10.2.6 if they place in the top 10 percent of all Non-Distinguished military and civilian shooters in that match. 

d) Civilian or service shooters who do not have any EIC credit points in that event, also may enter and compete in Special EIC Matches (Rule 1.3.1) sponsored by the CMP, or in Special EIC Matches sponsored by a branch of the Armed Services, where a maximum of four EIC credit points may be earned. Civilian military academy cadets who earn four EIC credit points in Special Service (Combat) EIC Matches will be credited with those points. These special introductory EIC matches do not count as one of the five (5) regular CMP-sanctioned EIC matches specified above.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 am

I’ve shot four 22 EIC matches and four service pistol marches. Looks like I’m good for one more go. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am

Note that if you are non-Distinguished, and have exceeded your allowed number of EIC matches for the year, not only do your results not count, but your participation does not count in calculating the number of non-Distinguished shooters for the purposes of determining how many legs are awarded.

Ask me how I learned that one.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm

john bickar wrote:Note that if you are non-Distinguished, and have exceeded your allowed number of EIC matches for the year, not only do your results not count, but your participation does not count in calculating the number of non-Distinguished shooters for the purposes of determining how many legs are awarded.

Ask me how I learned that one.

Yeah that one popped up recently. Thought we had two legs given out and I was in the position to get the second leg but unfortunately some shooters that participated were over the limit I think and so I did not get the leg. I missed it by a point too! Oh well. I hope Talladega gives me an opportunity to get what I need. 

Thanks guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:23 pm

EIC Rules?  Haven't been in the hunt since 1983 but at that point each service had similar but not exactly the same rules for earning Service Pistol EIC Points...  

I wonder if a shooter had a CMP Service Pistol distinguished badge and then joined say..    The Army...  Don't think the Army would allow a CMP badge on an Army uniform.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:35 pm

I remember many of the old timers on the US Army All Reserve Pistol Team wearing their US distinguished badges on their uniforms back in the late 80’s when I started shooting with them. Off the top of my head I don’t remember 100% but do believe it is approved in the regulations. So 99% Wink
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Axehandle wrote:EIC Rules?  Haven't been in the hunt since 1983 but at that point each service had similar but not exactly the same rules for earning Service Pistol EIC Points...  

I wonder if a shooter had a CMP Service Pistol distinguished badge and then joined say..    The Army...  Don't think the Army would allow a CMP badge on an Army uniform.
I asked a serving member back in the 1980s.  It’s up to the individual service.  It’s not automatic, however most of the time it’s approved.  You have to wear the civilian medal, you don’t get to wear the military award.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Jason there is one award that you can only get after your in the service. It is the only foreign award for marksmanship pre-approved by congress. That makes it even easier to get then a civilian EIC award.  Very Happy Of course you might have to spend a little time in Germany. Go for the Gold if you end up over there sometime in your career.

Gold Schutzenschnur on far left.

EIC Rules..?  Dscf0515
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Axehandle wrote:EIC Rules?  Haven't been in the hunt since 1983 but at that point each service had similar but not exactly the same rules for earning Service Pistol EIC Points...  

The CMP badge is a civilian award and as such is not allowed on a uniform for any branch of the service.  You would have to earn the badge according the branch you were serving in to be able to wear it.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 pm

From AR 670-1
g. In accordance with AR 600–8–22, personnel must obtain authority from HQDA before wearing badges on the uniform that were awarded by other U.S. Services, or by the Director of Civilian Marksmanship. The following rules apply when wearing badges from other U.S. Services.
You can have paperwork filled out at company level and it will be forwarded to higher HQ for approval. I’ve seen to many soldiers wearing them from their civilian days.
You know the saying; “Army has a waiver for everything “.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down