Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count

3 posters

Go down

Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count Empty Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count

Post by albertrichard123 9/17/2012, 2:12 pm

Recently acquired 21 box of this ammo, don't see anything on Midway's (internet web site) to indicate this is a current release by Eley, do see Eley Match Pistol (Black Box ) 50 count with a retail price of $14.99 plus s/h and s/tax.

Are these two boxes one and the same with different labels or is one better for competition than the other?

Is the Eley Match Xtra a good ammo for bullseye or is this better for rifle competion?

Any suggestions as to the current market value to pistol or rifle shooters?

Albert R. Harris in California ardickharris1@sbcglobal.net

albertrichard123

Back to top Go down

Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count Empty Re: Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count

Post by DavidR 9/17/2012, 3:43 pm

Match extra is now just called match, http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1392481355/eley-match-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-flat-nose
eley had a few kinds that had extra in the name and they just dropped it, like club extra is just called club now. It looks like it should shoot good, the new version has the dimple nose like tennex, your version may or may not have that bullet profile. It is 1085 fps which is standard velocity and better cycles most guns over some other brands that run 1050 fps.But no way to really know except to shoot and test it. A lot of eleys stuff is basically the same but sorted into more expensive boxes by its tested accuracy. Like club is the same as target but tested more accurate and team is above club. Try it and see how it does in your gun, thats the only way to know for sure.

Here is some tests done that included that ammo you might find interesting.
http://johno.myiglou.com/ammotest.htm
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count Empty Eley Match Etra info request.

Post by albertrichard123 9/18/2012, 8:32 am

David R administrator

Thank you for the reply to my post asking for info on Eley Exra Blk Box. The various reviews on Midways site are encouraging also.

Your several test targets are also helpful.

AR Harris in California

albertrichard123

Back to top Go down

Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count Empty Re: Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count

Post by Richard Ashmore 9/20/2012, 12:54 pm

albertrichard123 wrote:Recently acquired 21 box of this ammo, don't see anything on Midway's (internet web site) to indicate this is a current release by Eley, do see Eley Match Pistol (Black Box ) 50 count with a retail price of $14.99 plus s/h and s/tax.

Are these two boxes one and the same with different labels or is one better for competition than the other?

Is the Eley Match Xtra a good ammo for bullseye or is this better for rifle competion?

Any suggestions as to the current market value to pistol or rifle shooters?

Albert R. Harris in California ardickharris1@sbcglobal.net

It's off-spec TENEX. You'll like it lol!
Richard Ashmore
Richard Ashmore

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrichard123 9/20/2012, 1:23 pm

Richard:

don't understand your reply "It's off-spec TENEX. you'll like it.

yes, I'm sure I would like it.......if I were to shoot it,but I don't shoot anymore, I'm trying to find out if this is a good ammo etc for BE shooters.

Will you take the time to answer each of the qustions appearing in my original post?

This would be most helpful and thank you in advance for any efforts in my behalf.

AR Harris ardickharris1@sbcglobal.net

albertrichard123

Back to top Go down

Need info on Eley Match Xtra 22 long rifle (Black Box) 50 count Empty Eley Ammunition

Post by Richard Ashmore 9/24/2012, 4:59 am

albertrichard123 wrote:Richard:

don't understand your reply "It's off-spec TENEX. you'll like it.

yes, I'm sure I would like it.......if I were to shoot it,but I don't shoot anymore, I'm trying to find out if this is a good ammo etc for BE shooters.

Will you take the time to answer each of the qustions appearing in my original post?

This would be most helpful and thank you in advance for any efforts in my behalf.

AR Harris ardickharris1@sbcglobal.net

On the "white bullet" production side of Eley they make batches of ammunition. A batch is the output of one operator on one loading machine in one shift.

The ammunition produced goes to the Proof Range, where a statistically valid sample is fired through four reference rifles mounted in test fixtures.

The results are analyzed and compared to the standards. Then the label is determined, i.e., if it a batch perform within the TENEX parameters it gets red labels and goes out as TENEX. If it performs outside of the TENEX tolerances it either gets a Match or a Match Pistol label depending on how far out of spec it is. Too far out and it is destroyed without leaving the factory.

So, the answer to your question is TENEX is what they wanted to make. (I've been told by a reliable source that if orders for Match are backlogged Eley has been known to give TENEX a black label to fill an order for Match.) Match is more consistent than Match Pistol, and if you're shooting a pistol you probably won't notice the difference. Team is a little farther out of spec. TENEX is a very consistent product and Eley's tolerances are pretty small.

As to value, see what the dealers are charging. I'd expect a discount from that price.
Richard Ashmore
Richard Ashmore

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrichard123 9/24/2012, 8:29 am

Thank you again, an interesting reply.

ARH

albertrichard123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down