Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Reloading Press?

+32
New2BE
tceva
mhayford45
SW-52
Steve Brown
Jwhelan939
Aufidius
chopper
STEVE SAMELAK
zanemoseley
Sc0
Jack H
jim lock
Jon Eulette
LenV
willnewton
valbern67
gregbenner
Sa-tevp
Dcforman
desben
lyman1903
fc60
joy2shoot
PhotoEscape
JKR
dronning
DA/SA
mspingeld
Wobbley
CR10X
Tim:H11
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Which Reloading Press? - Page 3 Empty Which Reloading Press?

Post by Tim:H11 12/17/2018, 7:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Lets talk reloading presses for a moment. When it comes to a reloading press I've enjoyed, have come to love, and based on my experiences highly recommend the Dillon 550. However, the Dillon 550 in my possession is not mine. I've been borrowing it from my pistol coach/mentor for over a year now. Things are soon to change for me involving a move to a another state and I will be returning the Dillon 550 to it's owner. 

I will probably not have a great need for another reloading press in the future for quite some time but I would still like to have one of my own for my own personal use when the time calls for it. After looking into the cost of the Dillon presses and the accessories and attachments the cost is great. This of course only makes me appreciate the loan of the press I have that much more. But it also is a damper because I'm not about to spend that kind of money on a press that may not be used much so sadly I have to find a different rig. 

So for other options besides a Dillon... what's affordable that still manufactures ammunition in a relatively quick manner that doesn't have a bunch of quirks or issues?

Tell me your experiences good and bad. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Which Reloading Press? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which Reloading Press?

Post by Ghillieman 3/16/2019, 11:19 pm

Save up, get a Dillon 1050, or the new 1100.
Let me tell you why.
I started bullseye on the Forster Co-Ax press I used for Highpower Rifle, loading for bullseye pistol on a single stage press is a nightmare.
I bought a used 550 and it was great.
A few squibs and double charges later I was looking at the powder check station on the 650. With the automated case feeder and automatic indexing I estimated I could double my output. 
I bought a 650 and I was right. It made loading a large batch of ammo easy.
Shortly after I sold my two 550's and bought the 650 I began loading ammo for a Type 7 FFL manufacturer. He used several 1050's, some manual and some with autodrives. Loading ammunition on the 1050 is much easier than the 650.
Here is what I tell people, for volume, the 550 is much better than a single stage, the 650 makes loading lots of ammo easy, and the 1050 makes loading ammo hard to stop.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 3/17/2019, 11:48 am

LenV wrote:I also have a Load Master and a Lee Turret press (4 hole). I just use the turret press for oddball ammo like 44mag, 460, 41 mag, 38 special etc. The ammo I want to turn out a lot of like 45, 9, 38 Super, 38 special WC and 40cal I have a Turret set up for each caliber and swap real fast. I have it tuned and it works great. I watched a couple of videos and went to loading ammo. If you get one I will show you the trick I found for keeping the small primers from flipping over in the tray. Cool 

Len   

I have a turret for all the calibers for the Turret press also. Just adjust your dies once.
Which Reloading Press? - Page 3 Dscf1126

you reloading area is way way tooooo neat,  and organized,,,

what's up with that??

how about spilling some powder or dump some used primers on the counter ,,,, lol!
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3