Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states

Go down

Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states Empty Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states

Post by imageinme on 12/17/2018, 9:11 pm

I broke my latch dry firing. I have had a new latch on order since July to no avail. In the meantime I like to keep this pistol in my hand for 
muscle memory purposes. I pulled the trigger without this latch the hammer fell and I could not get it to re-cock. I tried to push it 
back with a pencil. I got the eraser part stuck in the internals. I know, not very smart. Lesson learned. This is my favorite competition pistol.
If someone can direct me to a great gunsmith I would surely appreciate it. I am not having fun this indoor season.  Sad

imageinme

Back to top Go down

Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states Empty Re: Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states

Post by robert84010 on 12/17/2018, 9:40 pm

Champions Choice currently sells the AW93 so I would call them and ask who they would recommend.
Scott Pilkington might also be a good resource since he has been a World Cup team armorer several times.

George Beznovich in Texas is a past importer so he would probably know a gunsmith.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states Empty AW93

Post by Fotomaniac on 12/17/2018, 11:28 pm

George Brenzovich stills imports and sells Feinwerkbau..His smith is Tod Utter. Knows his stuff. Call George at 915-204-7977.

Fotomaniac

Back to top Go down

Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states Empty Re: Best gunsmiths for feinwerkbau aw93 in the states

Post by imageinme on 12/20/2018, 1:25 pm

Thanks, tried to contact George, and Todd. I was unable to contact either on this day, something having to do with inventory etc. I will try again after the holidays.

imageinme

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli on 12/24/2018, 2:32 pm

Only person I would trust with a Aw93 repair is buck st pilkington
Chris Miceli
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on 12/24/2018, 3:19 pm

imageinme wrote:Thanks, tried to contact George, and Todd. I was unable to contact either on this day, something having to do with inventory etc. I will try again after the holidays.
Todd is very eccentric , lives in rural south Georgia, I took my AW to him a few years ago, met him at a dirt road entrance to his compound, he was behind  a large locked gate and he was heavily armed. I  Was told I could not come in to his shop, left gun with him and had to waste 5 hours in a nearby tiny town waiting for him to call and let me know when to return to the gate to pick up my gun.  Defiantly a experience to remember but not repeat. I don't know if he would be any help as he told me he had no parts on hand luckily my adjustments didn't require any.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aufidius on 12/24/2018, 6:33 pm

This has to be the strangest story in bullseye lore I've ever read. I don't know any gunsmiths like that- some can be pretty cranky- but nothing like that.
Aufidius
Aufidius

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans on 12/24/2018, 8:10 pm

If Todd is the primary gunsmith for Feinwerkbau’s US importer, he sounds like a good reason to buy a Pardini SP instead of a AW-93.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum