Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup

Go down

Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup Empty Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup

Post by furele on 12/31/2018, 6:02 pm

I was wondering if there is someone on this site to help me price a Colt Gold Cup 80 Series Bullseye Pistol customized by Ed Masaki. As I get older in age I find it harder and harder to compete and my children have no interest in the sport. I know Ed frequents this site and is quite popular here. The pistol is in great shape and I could send pics if I could figure out what to ask for this beautiful pistol. I also have 3 other Bullseye guns and one of Ed's Bullseye Boxes.

Help Please.

furele

Back to top Go down

Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup Empty Re: Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup

Post by SmokinNJokin on 12/31/2018, 7:54 pm

Are you located in HI or on the mainland?

Either way, I highly recommend that you take some time to clean the gun spotlessly (q-tips, blue towels, etc.)

Get all the fingerprints off and take very good pictures. Lots, from all angles especially wear areas people are going to want to see such as the crown, bore, upper and lower lugs, wear patterns on the slide rails, etc. Test targets are a big plus.

With all that, I think folks on the forum will be able to give you a fair and well-informed range of values.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 on 1/1/2019, 8:13 am

SmokinNJokin wrote:Are you located in HI or on the mainland?

Either way, I highly recommend that you take some time to clean the gun spotlessly (q-tips, blue towels, etc.)

Get all the fingerprints off and take very good pictures. Lots, from all angles especially wear areas people are going to want to see such as the crown, bore, upper and lower lugs, wear patterns on the slide rails, etc. Test targets are a big plus.

With all that, I think folks on the forum will be able to give you a fair and well-informed range of values.
find an outside, hopefully shady spot on a bright day, location to take pics, 
use a neutral background
no flash, 

indoors near a window will work,  but usually not as well, 

basic pics, 

one profile , each side, 
front (muzzle)
grips 
markings on slide and frame
mag well
trigger, and trigger guard
rear of frame
sights, 
and a top shot 

then add pics of it taken down, 
feed ramp, 
top of frame
rails
hammer (cocked)
barrel hood, 
muzzle (for wear at the bushing)
bushing 
inside of slide,  and inside rear of slide, 

and yes, you may get asked for more, 

hope this helps
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by furele on 1/1/2019, 9:43 am

Thx for the advise.

furele

Back to top Go down

Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup Empty Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup Photos

Post by furele on 1/17/2020, 4:20 pm

I have taken some pics of my Colt Gold Cup that was customized by Ed Masaki. I am having problems uploading them because the sizes are too big. I was hoping to get some ideas of what it was worth since I am leaving Bullseye game for health issues. The gun is an early 80's series Gold Cup with an Ultra Dot Scope. It has Ed's logo stamped into the frame near the serial number. I am not sure of the number of rounds but I only shot in club matches so I would guess 2 or 3 thousand. Contact me and I could EMail more pics or maybe I can try resizing them tomorrow.
Attachments
Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup Attachment
fullsizeoutput_244d.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(263 Kb) Downloaded 55 times
fullsizeoutput_2449.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(208 Kb) Downloaded 41 times

furele

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton on 1/17/2020, 4:31 pm

If you are using the forum picture attachment feature, there are some pic size limits. The photos are stored on our servers, which have size limits.

If you use the Servimg pic hosting option when creating your listing, then you can get around that.  It is the icon on the right with the monitor and disk pic when you are looking at the Topic Reply creation page.

There is a sticky post at the top of the Commercial  forum about how to use it to post pictures.

You are limited to 3 pics per post, but you can just keep making new posts to add more pics,
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ed Masaki Bullseye Gold Cup Empty Picture update for Ed Masaki Bullseye Gun

Post by furele on 1/17/2020, 4:50 pm

Got some more pics.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_2467.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(259 Kb) Downloaded 37 times
fullsizeoutput_2469.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(170 Kb) Downloaded 28 times
fullsizeoutput_2471.jpeg You don't have permission to download attachments.(247 Kb) Downloaded 34 times

furele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Pappa on 1/18/2020, 12:12 am

Not sure if its for sale but how many guns and how much for the Bullseye Box? Thanks.
Big Pappa
Big Pappa

Back to top Go down

Post by furele on 1/18/2020, 8:17 am

Make me an offer Big Pappa. I know he stopped making them and they are the best box around.

furele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Pappa on 1/18/2020, 8:40 pm

Furele, I’m looking for a 3 gun box or something smaller than the 2 boxes i have already. If you could send me a few photos of the box I’d appreciate it, thanks. Bigpappa1811@yahoo.com
Big Pappa
Big Pappa

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennMcD on 1/19/2020, 10:22 am

Furele - yesterday I send you a PM about the pistol box.

I'll send you an email with my email address. 

Thanks.

Glenn

Last edited by GlennMcD on 1/20/2020, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change follow-up message)

GlennMcD

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinkemulder on 1/19/2020, 11:53 am

PM sent about pictures

Thanks,
Vinkemulder
Vinkemulder

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin on 1/19/2020, 12:31 pm

furele wrote:I was wondering if there is someone on this site to help me price a Colt Gold Cup 80 Series Bullseye Pistol customized by Ed Masaki. As I get older in age I find it harder and harder to compete and my children have no interest in the sport. I know Ed frequents this site and is quite popular here. The pistol is in great shape and I could send pics if I could figure out what to ask for this beautiful pistol. I also have 3 other Bullseye guns and one of Ed's Bullseye Boxes.

Help Please.

With a special (and rare) gun like Ed's, I think it would be well worth your $$ to pay someone to ransom rest the gun and provide you with a fresh, 50yd test target. Without this, buyers are going to be reluctant to shell out the kind of money this gun is worth.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum