Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1

+3
lyman1903
SmokinNJokin
tomcat7
7 posters

Go down

Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1 Empty Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1

Post by tomcat7 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Trying to gain some insight into the value of these pistols.

Thanks!

Frame Manufacturer:                    Colt

Frame Year of Manufacture:       1918

Frame Model:                                   1911 Military

Slide Manufacturer:                        Remington Rand

Modifications:                                   Extended BO-MAR Rib

Trigger shoe

Blue Finish Accurized 1911A1
Attachments
Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1 Attachment
IMG_0337.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(64 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
IMG_0341.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(61 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
IMG_0342.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(61 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
IMG_0306_230C25BF.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(71 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Last edited by tomcat7 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

tomcat7

Back to top Go down

Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1 Empty Pistol Number 2

Post by tomcat7 Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Frame Manufacturer:                    Colt

Frame Year of Manufacture:       1943

Frame Model:                                   1911A1 US Army

Slide Manufacturer:                        Colt Government Model

Modifications:                                   Extended front sight (Non-commercial, welded)

Trigger shoe

Accurized 45 with replacement slide
Attachments
IMG_0347.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(60 Kb) Downloaded 15 times
IMG_0357.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(59 Kb) Downloaded 12 times
IMG_0360.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(65 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
IMG_0315_17CD3167.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(70 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
IMG_0321_99BB1D26.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(121 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

tomcat7

Back to top Go down

Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1 Empty Re: Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1

Post by SmokinNJokin Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:32 am

Just a WAG based on condition, the first gun worth probably about 1k. 1918 was a big year, something like 350k guns made and quality of fit during the war years wasn't great.

The 2nd gun, 1943 is a more desirable year but it is in such rough shape with the very crude stippling I would realistically place value around $700 tops.

That being said, you may be able to get more if you tried to sell them on an auction site, its all about finding the right buyer and having very good pictures.

On this website, what is going to excite buyers is either documentation from the builder (a reputable bullseye smith) or a 50yd test target. Hope that answers your questions.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1 Empty Re: Value of of My Bullseye Pistols - Pistol Number 1

Post by lyman1903 Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:46 am

SmokinNJoking is correct on pricing, with the limited info, re the 1918

the historical info, (with respect to SNJ) i9s meaning less, once the frames were stippled, all the collectible crowd just walks by, and the $$ is not there, 

you would be doing good to get $700 for the Colt with the welded slide, if you are looking to sell, install the extra slide and the sale will go faster, and maybe for the $700 guestimate

any idea who made the barrels?
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 am

1918 - Maybe $600 but I'd pass due to the stippling (as lyman1903 indicated), I can find better bullseye guns for $1K and the stippling negates any collector value.

1943 - $500-600 MAX due to condition, even with the extra slide.

Unfortunately neither gun would be a good platform for a bullseye build.

If either gun can hold a 2" group @ 50yards add $300.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:57 am

Get a new shooter running with those.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:31 pm

If you can find out who did the work, it might be a plus. If you can get someone to shoot 10 shots at 50 yds., on a machine rest and get a 10 ring sized group, it would be worth the effort and and expense. I personally think that a 2" group would be asking a lot from the majority of used bullseye pistols. I do think, that if they are accurate and reliable, they'd make a great starter pistol for a newbie, at the right price. That is a pretty bad (sloppy) weld job. I had a  1911 stainless steel slide welded and I couldn't tell, when it was done. That extra slide looks pretty rough, too. $600 for no. 1 and $500 for no. 2 or a little more might be a good estimate.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Knowing who the Gunsmith was who did the work makes a big difference, I have seen Bob Chow guns sell for a premium in CA.  The test target is a great idea as well.  Good luck

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down