Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clark passes on working on a Dan Wesson?

+6
james r chapman
lyman1903
Sc0
kc.crawford.7
JKR
inthebeech
10 posters

Go down

Clark passes on working on a Dan Wesson? Empty Clark passes on working on a Dan Wesson?

Post by inthebeech 1/15/2019, 5:40 am

I guess I have a home defense pistol or another tin can gun because I was ready to box up a DW Valor in 9mm to have Clark turn it in to an adjustable sighted 38 Super for CF and they told me that they don't work on them; that their "specs are too different than a regular 1911."
Any input on exactly what is "out of spec" -   1911 barrels, fire control parts, pin diameters, magazine wells, trigger bow races, ???
It will certainly be the tightest fitting, tightest grouping 1911 with higher quality parts than I've ever found in any other 1911 I've owned (Baer, Colt, Springfield...), all for putting holes in tin cans now I guess.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Clark passes on working on a Dan Wesson? Empty Re: Clark passes on working on a Dan Wesson?

Post by JKR 1/15/2019, 6:53 am

Maybe you should get a second opinion. You do live in North Carolina, right?

JKR

Back to top Go down

Clark passes on working on a Dan Wesson? Empty Re: Clark passes on working on a Dan Wesson?

Post by kc.crawford.7 1/15/2019, 7:01 am

Get in touch with me.  Clark...………………………...UGH!
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 1/15/2019, 7:03 am

Maybe they meant to say that you need a real gunsmith/machinist?  Had a bad experience with Clarke years ago with a revolver, not sure they specialize in gunsmithing anymore.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 1/15/2019, 7:14 am

Dan Wesson's are considered a heck of a pistol for the money , 
I've never read anything about a different spec, (which means nothing Cool)

maybe they are metric?
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/15/2019, 7:19 am

K.C offered. Take it.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 1/15/2019, 7:25 am

Metric.
Well.......... it is a 9mm??? pig
That was funny.
Yes, though recently, I did move to NC. What for you ask?  Please don't tell me to call the gunsmiths at Hyatt.  I'd rather sandpaper a bobcat's butt in a phone booth.

Oh.   I see now that KC is somewhere in this state as well.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 1/15/2019, 8:53 am

DW are fine pistols for a build. Good luck!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer 1/15/2019, 6:24 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:DW are fine pistols for a build. Good luck!
Jon
Dan Wesson's are CZ aren't they?
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 1/16/2019, 12:09 am

Old Dan Wesson's were made by Bob Serva before selling to CZ.  Bob is still making and selling 1911's and parts under the new company called Fusion Firearms.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 1/16/2019, 7:28 am

The Valor is fantastic BE gun with a change of sights and some light tuning of the springs and extractor. That is what I used for a while until I upgraded to a custom build. It is one of the nicest production pistols I had the pleasure of owning.

KC will do a great job taking care of it.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 1/16/2019, 7:48 am

I bought  a new Dan Wesson PM-9 last summer.   I had to change the barrel bushing.  It was loose in the slide.  I could measure movement .001" using a dial indicator.  My calipers showed .003".   I bought a new bushing and fit it my self. Now it shoots just over 1" groups at 25 yards off sandbags.  About 2.5" at 50 yards using handloads.   It shoots most anything quite well.  Trigger is good, slide to frame is excellent.  Link fits quite well.  I put a Burris FF III on it because I can't see the sights any more.    My wife took it over.    This is my most accurate semi auto.

I bought my self a new Valor in 45.  It does not shoot quite as well YET.   Barrel bushing is firm in the slide, but shows .0025" clearance on the barrel.   New angle bore bushing on the way.  Barrel link up was OK, then I installed a new extended slide stop.  Now it shows better fit with the legs.  It also has a Burris FF III.   Shoots 1.6"  @ 25 yards.  I have only shot coated bullets out of it.   I do have 1,000 Zero 185 JHP but am waiting till the new bushing is in and warmer weather to try them.

Right now we only shoot 50 feet indoors. 
We have a match tonight!  

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down