Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&W model 41 magazine problem

2 posters

Go down

S&W model 41 magazine problem Empty S&W model 41 magazine problem

Post by djw1cav Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:56 pm

I have a new S&W center model 41.  I fired it approximately 35 times without any problems.  I used both magazines alternating 5 shots per mag.  Then the magazines started to fall out when the gun was fired.  This occurred at least 50% of the time and happened with both magazines.  I called S&W Customer service and they said I could send the gun back to them for repair or they would send me a new magazine release, spring and nut.  I elected to take the parts.  I am thinking about putting a little more tension on the existing mag release spring by tightening the nut while I wait for the parts.  Has anyone experienced a similar issue with a model 41?   Any suggestions for fixing the problem?
DJW1CAV

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

S&W model 41 magazine problem Empty Re: S&W model 41 magazine problem

Post by Aprilian Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Take grips off
Look at whether the magazine release is just moving out of the inside where the magazine body goes.  If it is moving too far, out of the way, it's travel isn't sufficient to engage the latch.   Adjustment is by (IIRC) pushing a pin in the extra spot (at the base of the mag release button) and turning the adjuster for the knob. turning one way moves the travel to the left and the other moves the travel to the right (looking down the barrel).
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by djw1cav Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Aprilian wrote:Take grips off
Look at whether the magazine release is just moving out of the inside where the magazine body goes.  If it is moving too far, out of the way, it's travel isn't sufficient to engage the latch.   Adjustment is by (IIRC) pushing a pin in the extra spot (at the base of the mag release button) and turning the adjuster for the knob. turning one way moves the travel to the left and the other moves the travel to the right (looking down the barrel).

Aprilian,
I will try turning the nut and watch to see how the magazine release moves.  I am sure I need more engagement or tension so I will adjust for that then back to the range to test.
Thanks,
DJW1CAV

djw1cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down