Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back

+3
Jon Eulette
zanemoseley
xman
7 posters

Go down

Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back Empty Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back

Post by xman Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Am pretty new to bulleye. I bought a Buckmark trailside with full length Weaver rail. Adding the Tasco doubles the pistols weight and I cant seen to hold 50 yd any wheres near steady as I would like too. My RF and TF are much better for all sorts of reasons..speed of firing, etc.

Any suggestions from the esteemed knowledge base here? I just would rather not put a $300 sight on a $300 gun. Am retired and have a fixed income and rather not sell my long guns. I already regret selling 2 pistols when I we needed the cash.

I cruise E B A Y for ideas, but I get alot of Picatinney rail offerings. And as I understand a weaver mount sight will not fit picatinny rail.

I have looked at some reflex type sights and am not that keen on all that exposed glass and and the way your have to adjust the sights.

Steve
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back Empty Re: Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back

Post by zanemoseley Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:32 pm

Primary Arms MD-ADS, just over $150 on Optics Planet with coupon code. I've got 3 recently and really like them so far. Basically a good Aimpoint micro clone at a fraction of the cost.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back Empty Re: Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back

Post by Jon Eulette Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:49 pm

zanemoseley wrote:Primary Arms MD-ADS, just over $150 on Optics Planet with coupon code. I've got 3 recently and really like them so far. Basically a good Aimpoint micro clone at a fraction of the cost.
+1
I picked one up to try and it is doing well. I have it on a 22 so once it’s zeroed I don’t change the adjustments. 22’s are pretty forgiving on scopes. I actually like it. 
But I use Aimpoints when it’s important.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Just an FYI. All Weaver mount sights will fit on a Picatinny rail. Picatinny sights like the Nikon won't fit on a Weaver rail. Picatinny cross slots are bigger/wider to accommodate the larger bolts in Picatinny sights.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:21 pm

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-x-compact-red-dot-sight-1x20mm-2-moa-red-dot-0-5-moa-adj-aaa-m1.html

I have a CR2032 model which is on sale for 130.  I have one on my AR and my Air pistol.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Wobbley wrote:https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-x-compact-red-dot-sight-1x20mm-2-moa-red-dot-0-5-moa-adj-aaa-m1.html

I have a CR2032 model which is on sale for 130.  I have one on my AR and my Air pistol.
It is on sale and there is an extra 12% off right now on all red dot sights.

I have a Sig Sauer STS-081 that would work nice on there also.
Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back 20190215
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by slavka001 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:17 am

slavka001

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry2520 Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm

I've got a Bushnell TRS25 on my trailside I'm happy with.

Larry2520

Back to top Go down

Looking of a lighter red dot sight that won't break the back Empty Just for my info

Post by xman Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:54 pm

LenV wrote:Just an FYI. All Weaver mount sights will fit on a Picatinny rail. Picatinny sights like the Nikon won't fit on a Weaver rail. Picatinny cross slots are bigger/wider to accommodate the larger bolts in Picatinny sights.

Len
Len,

Picatinny slots will not accommodate a Weaver optic generally speaking. Or are you just calling out Nikon picatinny slots.?

Steve
With a Weaver rail
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down