Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. Empty Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/13/2019, 4:13 pm

Hello everyone,
I finally have my own way of offering products to you and everyone else.  Products part of my website is ready for review and purchase of my Powder Transfer Units and other parts.  At this point most descriptions are the same as on my eBay listings, however I'm reviewing and changing them as deemed more appropriate for my own site.  I'd appreciate you taking a moment, perusing this site, and letting me know your thoughts.  Please feel free to critique as you feel necessary.  Here is the link - http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/index.html

In near future I will be adding new products as well, - new funnels for 32 and 38 Special Wadcutters, and something else ...................  Question 
Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. Empty Re: Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Post by carykiteboarder on 2/13/2019, 8:16 pm

AP,
You know how much I love the .32acp powder funnel.  A fellow shooter decided to get a .32acp Pardini and I'm giving him tips on setting up his Dillon 650 to reload for it.  So...

There are no prices in the "Product" area.  Is the idea that a buyer will hit "Contact"?
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. Empty Re: Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/13/2019, 8:21 pm

Glen, I'm sending PM to you, or rather will send email with screen shut.
Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer457 on 2/14/2019, 7:40 am

I will be picking up a powder funnel as well. 

Also Glen, if you could share any tips on setting up the 650 for 32ACP it would be greatly appreciated.  Contact through either PM or a thread under the ammunition section for group learning would be great.

Hammer457

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder on 2/14/2019, 9:04 am

Hammer457 wrote:I will be picking up a powder funnel as well. 

Also Glen, if you could share any tips on setting up the 650 for 32ACP it would be greatly appreciated.  Contact through either PM or a thread under the ammunition section for group learning would be great.
Done.
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. Empty Duh... click on the picture!

Post by carykiteboarder on 2/14/2019, 9:05 am

PhotoEscape wrote:Glen, I'm sending PM to you, or rather will send email with screen shut.
Thank you,
AP

It works perfectly if I click on the picture.  Duh.
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt on 2/14/2019, 9:37 am

Nice, I forwarded your link to some of the shooters here in Amarillo.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns on 2/14/2019, 9:42 am

Hello PhotoEscape,

Any plans for .38 "wadcutter" powder transfer units?

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/14/2019, 9:59 am

cdrt and all, I appreciate you spreading the word about website.  Posting on other forums would be appreciated as well, as I don't have any marketing options, at least at present time.

Jim, The answer to your question is "YES".  And to give you and others idea of what I have in pipe line waiting for CNCs to become available:
a. PTU for HBWC 38 Special Wadcutter with full length (~.600") case expander in .3615"
b. PTU for DEWC 38 Special Wadcutter with fulll length (~.575) case expander in .3585"
c. PTU for 32 Special Wadcutter with full length expander for T&B and clown projectiles with two step expander in .3145" / .3175".  This one will take a little bit longer before I'll post it on website.  Since I don't load 32 Long, first unit will go to Greg Benner for testing.  If I get his "blessing" then you can expect seeing it on product page
d. Shades for Aimpoint Micro H1 - I recently switched to this red dot for my own use, and existing solutions were not appealing.  Obviously this part also will have to be tested, before I can offer it for sale.

Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover on 2/16/2019, 12:18 pm

Time to go shopping. I need a powder funnel
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 2/16/2019, 1:12 pm

I’m looking forward to the full length PTU for 32 long.  So far, I get by using a +2 sizing die for loading the .3145 size bullets, with a .3175 PTU, but when I switch to loading the .3125 size bullets I have to change both the sizing die and the PTU.  Plus, I think the full length PTU will work  a bit better.  

Alex, will there only be one size (.3615) for 38 HBWC?  Although I do load these for my Clark 38 special, I haven’t much real experience. Are most of the available bullets and brass similar size such at one size PTU will be sufficient?

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/16/2019, 1:35 pm

Greg,
What projectiles do you use for 38 Special WC?  I sized PTU for HBWC based on Remington one because I hoarded about 10000 bullets.  I know that Speer has HBWC in .358".  I don't know how long this bullet is.  Hopefully PTU for DEWC would work of it. 
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA on 2/16/2019, 2:15 pm

Hornady HBWC is .630" in length.

DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 2/16/2019, 3:30 pm

AP, I use Remington’s with range brass. I’ll measure some when I get home.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/16/2019, 8:26 pm

DA/SA wrote:Hornady HBWC is .630" in length.

From stand point of depth of case expansion HBWC version of PTU will work fine.  However you probably will need to use Lee Factory Crimp Die on last stage. 
Also, I always have some undersized funnels after QC, and probably will be able to supply one in .3615'- diameter.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 2/16/2019, 8:39 pm

AP, measured a few Remington’s, .3595-.3605 diameter, Length .620 +- 

I’ve been using range nickel plated brass, .010-.0125 wall thickness.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/16/2019, 9:01 pm

Greg, There are the same dimensions I used for the design of HBWC expander.  Expander portion is sized to .625" before bell starts, diameter is .3615". So it should be good.  I'm going to send first unit to Frank / Bubba Blaster for testing.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 2/16/2019, 9:36 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:Greg, There are the same dimensions I used for the design of HBWC expander.  Expander portion is sized to .625" before bell starts, diameter is .3615". So it should be good.  I'm going to send first unit to Frank / Bubba Blaster for testing.
AP
Super

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley on 2/17/2019, 8:42 am

I have Winchester, Bear Creek, Speer ( old and new), Magnus and what was sold as Precision Delta.  I’ll measure them and report back
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns on 2/19/2019, 1:51 pm

Hello PhotoEscape,

What is the diameter (before the first ridge) of your .45ACP powder transfer unit?

By the way, I've been using two of your .38 units for a while.... A+ !

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/19/2019, 9:14 pm

Hello Spursnguns,
Centering part of PTU is .448", expander portion is .454" with +/-.0005" tolerances.
Glad you like 9-38 PTUs, and thank you for good word.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns on 2/20/2019, 9:57 am

Thanks, PhotoEscape.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley on 2/23/2019, 4:46 pm

Sorry for the delay, but I got called for jury duty...

I took measurements for all the Wadcutter bullets I have. Average of 5 measurements.

Make                Length.     Dia.
Precision Delta.   .627.       .360
Winchester.         .617.       .364
Magnus               .619.       .360
Speer (old).         .635.       .359
Speer (new).        .621.       .360
Berry’s HB.           .610.       .358
Berry’s.DE.           .559.       .359
Bear Creek.          .602.        .360
Speer BBWC.        .582.        .360
West NV Cast.       .568.        .359
As cast 358495.     .594.        .361
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/23/2019, 6:32 pm

WOW, that is the most extensive "collection" I've ever seen.  Thank you, Wobbley.
Winchester is the one that most likely will be problematic with its .364" diameter.  Speer (old) will require noticeable belling to get expander down to .635" mark.  All others should be possible to addressed with HBWC version of PTU.  Obviously you'll have to "play" with depth setting for each projectile.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE on 3/12/2019, 11:51 am

Any update on eta for 38 we ppu’s?

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum