Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. - Page 2 Empty Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Post by PhotoEscape on 2/13/2019, 4:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone,
I finally have my own way of offering products to you and everyone else.  Products part of my website is ready for review and purchase of my Powder Transfer Units and other parts.  At this point most descriptions are the same as on my eBay listings, however I'm reviewing and changing them as deemed more appropriate for my own site.  I'd appreciate you taking a moment, perusing this site, and letting me know your thoughts.  Please feel free to critique as you feel necessary.  Here is the link - http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/index.html

In near future I will be adding new products as well, - new funnels for 32 and 38 Special Wadcutters, and something else ...................  Question 
Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. - Page 2 Empty Re: Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Post by PhotoEscape on 3/12/2019, 12:25 pm

I hope to get all PTUs back from polishing by the end of this week.  Few days after that for 100% QC.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. - Page 2 Empty Re: Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active.

Post by PhotoEscape on 3/18/2019, 6:46 pm

Products part of PhotoEscape website is now active. - Page 2 Pei-ne10

Products are ready...... Well, almost.  First batch of 25 sets of shades for Aimpoint went into anodizing, and supposedly will be ready by the end of the next week.  Of course, I goofed up a little bit, - I used polarizing filter from Ultradot to sample thread, - this is what you see on left side of red dot.  Didn't have Ultradot's extension tube handy.  Turns out tube had different thread.  I'll take that to consideration for the next run, so if someone needs such, I'll make arrangements.  PTUs are self explanatory.  I'll be shipping samples to my testers, Frank / Bubba Blaster and Greg Benner tomorrow.  I'll be testing PTUs for 38 Special Wadcutters by myself as well.  Might be even tonight, however I would recommend waiting a little bit longer until Frank and Greg report back.  I'll be working with my webmaster on posting these products on my website - www.photoescapeinc.com, and it will be live in the next couple days.

One more heads up on another product in working.  I took Dillon's powder die, threaded top of it, and machined tulip shape funnel.  In combination with my PTUs this thing can be used on any press, single stage, turret or progressive when reloader wants to manually drop precise charges while case is hanging on PTU.  Sent sample to Lee Love at UniquiTek.  Lee made couple of suggestions on adjusting shape of the funnel (to accommodate higher volume for rifle cartridges, and make steeper drop walls), and asked to ship him a batch.  UniqueTek is ready to sell these.  So I'm starting to draw...

Thank you for the patience.  I hope, you find it was worth waiting.
AP

Last edited by PhotoEscape on 3/18/2019, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing typo)
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman on 3/20/2019, 4:50 pm

Hey AP! Wasn't sure, but did you also do some 38 wadcutter PTU's for the Hornady LNL?

Thanks!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 3/20/2019, 8:28 pm

Hello Dave,
I'm not sure why, but LNL PTUs aren't gaining as much popularity as Dillon ones.  At this point I'm hesitant to run production of any new LNL PTUs. 
Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman on 3/20/2019, 8:32 pm

I understand. Maybe some others will chime in. I certainly would buy one if you did it.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE on 3/27/2019, 8:56 am

How is the 38 we ptu t&e going?

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 3/27/2019, 9:20 am

Bubba Blaster (Frank) updated me that he found some minor discrepancies with 38 WC PTU for DEWC (.3585"), and continues his testing. I've tested both HBWC (.3615") and DEWC versions, and happy with both.  Greg Benner is still testing 32 DEWC, - preliminary data - it works fine with regular Speer bullets, but he has issue with his bumped up bullets fitting in.  Lastly, I have few samples of shades for Aimpoint Micros anodized, - also happy with how they turned out.  In short, I'm waiting for word from Bubba, and most likely will be posting products on website during the weekend.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE on 4/9/2019, 11:05 pm

How’s the 38 ptu testing going? I’m ready to purchase what ever is available that meets your specs. I shoot both dewc and hbwc so I am ready to load.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 4/10/2019, 9:01 am

Testing is done, pending review by Frank / Bubba Blaster.  However regardless, products will be listed for sale on website before this weekend.  My own testing of both versions is done as well with positive results.  Loading HBWC requires attention to details with crimping and sizing cases back to specs.  I suggest everyone, who loads this projectile, reviewing this recent tread - https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t12064p25-are-some-brands-types-of-38-special-cases-better-than-others-for-reloading-for-bullseye#104169, and especially older one - https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t6492-38-special-wadcutter-brass
I suggest reviewing it and reading couple of times posts by David Wilson / fc60 on this tread, and paying close attention to his explanation of brass expansion / bulging at the tapered area.

One more update. Greg Benner completed testing and posted his review of the PTU for 32 S&W Long HBWC here - https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t12049-new-full-length-stepped-powder-thru-die-for-32-sw-long

AP

Last edited by PhotoEscape on 4/10/2019, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info regarding 32 Long testing added.)
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE on 4/10/2019, 9:18 am

Excellent! As a thought re: sizing the cases back to spec-this might make the case for the two ring type sizing dies which were started by the old, bit trusty Star Lifetime carbide die and now in current production by Redding as their “dual ring sizing die.”

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by larryx on 4/10/2019, 9:54 am

I’m looking forward to the HBWC!!!

larryx

Back to top Go down

Post by CLM on 4/10/2019, 1:41 pm

Thanks Photoescape,PTUs in 9&45 for my Hornaday are awesome! No more lead rings on shell plate .I can see on finished round that bullet seated much straighter.Will get for every caliber.

CLM

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 4/11/2019, 1:26 pm

PTUs for 32 S&W Long and 38 Special Wadcutters are now posted on website, and available for ordering - http://photoescapeinc.com/products/index.html.

I'm waiting for Aimpoints shadows coming back from anodizing, and hope to post this product soon.

One more delay, - I have match this weekend, and will not be able to ship orders until this coming Monday.
Thank you for your patience.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley on 4/11/2019, 1:37 pm

Linky brokey.
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 4/11/2019, 2:08 pm

Not sure what is the problem, Wobbley. It works on this end, and first order was just placed too, - indication of site working. Try these links please and LMK if it works:

http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/powder-funnel-wadcutter32.html
http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/powder-funnel-wadcutter38.html
Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 on 4/11/2019, 2:32 pm

Greetings,

This link works...

http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/index.html

The original one had a 'period' at the end of the link.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 4/11/2019, 2:40 pm

Thank you, Dave!
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE on 4/11/2019, 2:56 pm

Thank you! Ordered mine, website is up and running.Link works great.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 4/15/2019, 12:33 pm

Very "pleasant" day in the post office.  Nevertheless, all orders from last week are shipped.  Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA on 4/18/2019, 7:03 am

My .38 HBWC and DEWC arrived yesterday.

I have a suggestion that you maybe consider indexing them to the same length so that they would be interchangeable without having to adjust the powder die. The OAL is the same for both units, but the length from the upper edge to the base of the flare cone differs.

Perhaps I'm the odd one here, but I shoot both styles of projectile and it would be nice for convenience.

I also shoot .38 LSWC and LRN and had made a PTU for them for .358" projectiles, and will now index all three so that they are interchangeable without needing adjustment.

Not meant as criticism, as they are very nice! Just a suggestion that others may or may not be interested in.

DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 4/18/2019, 7:59 am

Interesting comment, DA/SA; 
Thank you!
I have to look into this.  I does make sense for someone using single powder measure.  I just didn't think of this, as I'm using separate toolheads, and everything is setup per caliber.
I'll keep this in mind what time comes for next batch.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA on 4/18/2019, 8:07 am

Well, see if anyone else is interested as well. I may be one of only a few that use the same tool head (Dillon XL650) for different projectiles.

Thanks!

DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE on 4/18/2019, 8:59 am

Mine too showed up yesterday. Very nicely made and super fast shipping. +1 on DA/SA’s suggestion, I too shoot both projectiles and use a Super 1050. No easily removable tool head on this press, so I am not sure if same length ptu’s would eliminate adjustments, but I am sure it would make the number of adjustments fewer. Either way, this is a great product for wadcutter users! Thank you.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 4/28/2019, 2:40 pm

Shades for Aimpoint Micro H1 are now active in Products - http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/aimpoint-micro-h1-shades-kit.html
I'm ready for orders and comments.
Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 7/25/2019, 5:35 pm

Powder Die Kit for single stage, turret or any press that uses standard 7/8-14 thread is now available on website.  This kit allows for usage of any of Dillon's OEM, Double Alpha Academy, Mr. Bulletfeeder and third parties funnels.  Naturally all my PTUs for Dillon platform will work as well.  This kit also allows for installation of Dillon's Powder Measure and operating it in automatic (with two springs installed for powder bar return - I do not recommend such, but it is possible) or manual powder bar return modes.  With that here is the link to product some of you asked for -

http://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/single-stage-powder-die-kit.html

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum