Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.45ACP Wad Pistol vs. Hardball Pistol

+6
sixftunda
Toz35m
jakuda
DavidR
BE Mike
ChrisD46
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

.45ACP Wad Pistol vs. Hardball Pistol - Page 2 Empty .45ACP Wad Pistol vs. Hardball Pistol

Post by ChrisD46 Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 am

First topic message reminder :

New to .45ACP Bullseye - I understand the difference in ammunition but I am a little confused about the application / usage of each . Are there different Bullseye events / matches for Wad Pistols vs. Hard Ball Pistols ?

ChrisD46

Back to top Go down

.45ACP Wad Pistol vs. Hardball Pistol - Page 2 Empty Re: .45ACP Wad Pistol vs. Hardball Pistol

Post by Rob Kovach Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Apology accepted and thanks for the compliment. I did get the wrong impression. The typed word can do that.

Even though I love to brag about my slow fire scores, I can't take credit for scores in the 260's....My timed and rapids are terrible--irons or red dot....
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

.45ACP Wad Pistol vs. Hardball Pistol - Page 2 Empty Re: .45ACP Wad Pistol vs. Hardball Pistol

Post by tenx9 Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:40 am

Frankly, thats the beauty and the frustration of bullseye shooting. Out of all the different types of shooting I've done over the years, I find good ole one handed pistol shooting the most rewarding. Your comment made me realize that we all tend to make comments from our own perspective. I never could shoot slowfire well, for whatever reason. I shoot slow like a marksman and timed and rapids like a master. THE AVERAGE is EXPERT, LOL!!! I eventually tried to speed up my slowfire shooting and finally got into the mid 80's on average. The hardball gun?? The few times I shot it? The shots generally go over the hill. Fun and frustrating all at the same time....

tenx9

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:44 pm

ChrisD46,

The CMP (www.odcmp.com) has rules for leg matches and you need to use a Hard Ball pistol in this event. On the site you can read about the rules specific to the gun. You can shoot a Hard Ball gun in a normal bullseye match (2700) but not all legal .45's in a 2700 can be used in a Leg match. Leg match is 30 shots (10 slow, 10 timed, and 10 rapid).

For a leg pistol will see you need iron sights and you can use a .45 or 9mm.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm

For a leg pistol will see you need iron sights and you can use a .45 or 9mm.

Just to be clear, the 45 must be a 1911, and must meet all regulations, and the CMP is a stickler for details. The 9mm must be a Beretta you can not use a taurus or other look-a-like and it must also meet the strict letter of the rules. Dont think if you show up with a gun that wont pass inspection or the trigger weight requirement they will let it slide, most times if its a simple fix they will go out of their way to help but if its not you wont be shooting the match that day.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I have had my trigger weight not pass and I was able to adjust it on the spot and get it to pass.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2