Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LabRadar Users

4 posters

Go down

LabRadar Users Empty LabRadar Users

Post by fc60 2/18/2019, 5:55 pm

Greetings,

Been tempted to buy a LabRadar. However, the downloaded raw data is not very useful.

Have any Excel Guru's created a macro to format the data into something more user friendly?

For example, I use the PACT chronograph with the printed paper tape. It lists all the important data for satisfying the curious mind.

I like to scan my test targets along with Chronograph data.

Fortunately, I test ammo at the In-laws where I am the only shooter. It involves a bit of running forth and back to check alignment; but; once I get the chronograph aligned, I am good for the day.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

LabRadar Users Empty Re: LabRadar Users

Post by PhotoEscape 2/18/2019, 6:33 pm

I use LabRadar for more than a year, Dave!  Before that I use Oehler's, still have two of them.  Like LabRadar very much.  Single feature, - ability to use it at the indoor range justified purchase for me. 
Not sure what you mean by "user friendly", and will be happy to discuss off line.  I can send you sample files, and we can figure out how to "massage" data to your liking.  Yes, I'm quite proficient with Excel.  I'll email you later tonight.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 2/18/2019, 7:12 pm

Greetings Alex,

Thanks for the response.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 2/19/2019, 11:27 am

I haven't used the Labrader, but have also been tempted. I am also pretty good with Excel and VBA and am willing to help.

PhotoEscape we may be near each other. I am in suburban Chicago. Feel free to PM me.

Steve Turner
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 2/19/2019, 12:50 pm

Wonder if TargetVision or TargetShootingApp could incorporate input from LabRadar.
They could interface with the LabRadar app (https://mylabradar.com/mobile-app/). 

If the LabRadar can store data on an SD card does the app save the data in a way it can be accessed?
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 2/19/2019, 2:52 pm

Data stored on SD card in the form of Excel files. From stand point of interface LabRadar isn't very friendly. There's one port allowing for external connectivity. It can be used for connection to computer via USB port or to external power source. If connected to computer batteries must be installed into unit itself. I elected to use external power source, and transfer data by moving SD and connecting it to computer. I haven't tried computer interface. 
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down