Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol Repair

+5
Founder
Jack H
gregbenner
Wobbley
Jarhead1
9 posters

Go down

Pistol Repair Empty Pistol Repair

Post by Jarhead1 3/3/2019, 11:40 am

I picked up a HS in early February and had the feed problems and jamming during my first session with it. So took the gun back to where I bought it and explained the situation, so he took it in for a repair. Well my gun has been at his shop going on 4 weeks now. Should I ask for my money back or continue to try and be patient.
Thanks

Jarhead1

Back to top Go down

Pistol Repair Empty Re: Pistol Repair

Post by Wobbley 3/3/2019, 12:00 pm

Go back and collect it.  Then send it to Roddy Toyota, Jon Eulette or perhaps KC Crawford.  It is very likely that these are magazine issues.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 3/3/2019, 12:54 pm

HS don’t have a feed ramp.  They are rather famous for feeding issues.  Assuming gun is clean, etc., that is what I would look at first as well.  

If you know anyone with a functioning HS, I’d see if I could try one of their magazines.  If returning the gun is really an option, you might consider that, particularly if you don’t have access to a decent smith locally who can help you. There are special HS magazine adjusting tools, and if you go the the HS sub-forum on the the Rimfire  Central forum you will find lots of help on adjusting the magazines yourself (if you are handy).

PS.  I should add that when tuned properly the HS can be very reliable, after Jon E tuned my mags, I haven’t had any further issues.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 3/3/2019, 6:14 pm

Pistol Repair Hs_fee10
Pistol Repair Feed1_10
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 3/3/2019, 6:49 pm

Pistol Repair 20181110
Tuning HS mags isn't magic.

Stick to one kind of ammo. CCI SV is what I recommend. 

If the rounds are missing the chamber too high tighten the lips where I circled the photo.

If the rounds stall low, spread them out a little bit.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfAGun 3/3/2019, 7:04 pm

If you don't know the history of the gun, or to be confident that proper maintenance has been done, consider replacing the recoil spring. I just replaced mine last night and here's a comparison between the one that came out of the gun and the one that went in.
Attachments
Pistol Repair Attachment
old_spring_vs_new.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(196 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 3/4/2019, 10:26 am

This is another good website with HS info especially the military or 100 series pistols. http://www.histandard.info/Jim_Barta/
 If you aren't very sure of your skills with adjusting them or any work to be done on a gun, have a qualified gun smith do it. I'd have one versed in bullseye shooting do the work as mentioned earlier in this post.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead1 3/4/2019, 5:37 pm

Thank you all for the great information, when I get the gun back I will have this to refer to.

Jarhead1

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul M. 3/4/2019, 8:10 pm

SonOfAGun wrote:If you don't know the history of the gun, or to be confident that proper maintenance has been done, consider replacing the recoil spring. I just replaced mine last night and here's a comparison between the one that came out of the gun and the one that went in.
+1, I have mine replaced once a year.  I tuned my magazines for CCI SV and it runs like a clock and feeds Eley without any issues.
Paul M.
Paul M.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 3/4/2019, 8:41 pm

Another option - call Alan Aronstein at 'firearmsintl.com'.    You can reach him at  "Alan   at   the web address I just noted, or I can send you his phone number if you send me a PM.  He knows the guns inside and out, and got my all the parts I needed to get my own HS working much better.  He also has a lot of new HS parts available.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down