Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automating manual 9 station target turner system

3 posters

Go down

Automating manual 9 station target turner system Empty Automating manual 9 station target turner system

Post by jejajones 3/3/2019, 1:11 pm

Hi all,
Our club is looking into auyomating our manual 9 station target turner system. we currently use stell cable and pulleys along with a metal pull bar to turn targests for BE shooting.
Does anyone know of a company the provides an electric system to hook up to the cables/pully system? Any DIY solutions would also be appreciated.
Thx

jejajones

Back to top Go down

Automating manual 9 station target turner system Empty Re: Automating manual 9 station target turner system

Post by 10sandxs 3/4/2019, 7:05 am

I've automated or built turning target systems for two outdoor ranges and one indoor range, and helped two other outdoor ranges convert thiers. All run with pneumatic cylinders. Two I built are/were connected to a compressor, the third is powered off of a SCUBA tank as there's no close power. It's not hard to do, but you there are a few tricks to consider, like making sure the rotation doesn't go "over center". Pm me if interested and we can start a conversation. With volunteer labor, the largest costs will be the cylinder and controller. The first one I built used timing relays and a manual starter button. The second two used target timers controll boxes, more expensive, buy WAY easier for both builder/installer and range officer.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Automating manual 9 station target turner system Empty Re: Automating manual 9 station target turner system

Post by jejajones 3/4/2019, 7:08 am

Thx. I'll get pics and send tkem to you.
John

jejajones

Back to top Go down

Post by jejajones 3/15/2019, 8:11 am

Just want to give a BIG THANKS to Rob AKA 10 sandxs for his help in automating our manual turning system. It's people like Rob that make this site so great

jejajones

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 3/15/2019, 6:53 pm

Rob also builds a darn fine 1911!

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 3/15/2019, 7:51 pm

Thanks to both of you guys. 

Let me know if you need more help john.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down