Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optics Planet

+3
PhotoEscape
zanemoseley
hp246
7 posters

Go down

Optics Planet Empty Optics Planet

Post by hp246 3/5/2019, 7:49 pm

I've been trying to call Optics Planet for the past two days.  Calls either get a fast busy, or answers and goes into the hold cue.  No response to emails or FB messaging.  Anyone have any idea what is going on there?

hp246

Back to top Go down

Optics Planet Empty Re: Optics Planet

Post by zanemoseley 3/5/2019, 8:59 pm

Maybe they're just super busy. It is tax season and rednecks are probably busy buying deer rifle scopes. I can say that I'm semi-red.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 3/5/2019, 9:57 pm

Zane,
With all do respect, some of your comments are outright STUPID!!!  There are no semi-red or semi-blue or any other semi-color affiliation.  As "great" leader of Bolsheviks, V. I. Lenin stated in one of his speeches right before October Revolution of 1917, it all matters at which side of barricades you are when chips fall down.  So, I feel, your color connection between economical and political dependencies is baseless.  FYI - Optics Planet is run by folks that ran away from substitution of economical laws by political proclamations.  They have one color affiliation - that is the color of United States Dollar!! 
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/5/2019, 10:42 pm

Lol Optics Planet 1710857839

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 3/6/2019, 12:08 am

PhotoEscape wrote:Zane,
With all do respect, some of your comments are outright STUPID!!!  There are no semi-red or semi-blue or any other semi-color affiliation.  As "great" leader of Bolsheviks, V. I. Lenin stated in one of his speeches right before October Revolution of 1917, it all matters at which side of barricades you are when chips fall down.  So, I feel, your color connection between economical and political dependencies is baseless.  FYI - Optics Planet is run by folks that ran away from substitution of economical laws by political proclamations.  They have one color affiliation - that is the color of United States Dollar!! 
AP

One funny vote; you get my ruble. I'm glad that satire is not completely dead.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 3/6/2019, 6:31 am

I am convinced that Optics Planet employs a quarter of the staff it needs to operate. Every time I make an order I hope it will be the last one from them.

You are just gonna have to wait in line like the rest of us. I suggest using a speakerphone so your arm doesn’t get tired. You can try the live chat too (You will still have to wait, but it works).
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/6/2019, 7:46 am

Hmm, I've always had decent luck with the chat when needed but I've never had a real bad problem. I did buy a stainless pin tumbler that had damage and it was a bit of a circus getting it replaced.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 3/6/2019, 8:13 am

Yeah, everything always works out in the end, just sloooow to ship and not as easy to access when you have an issue. I kinda hate their website format. No real complaints, just small gripes about convenience.

Hard to beat their red dot prices when a hot sale is on though.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 3/6/2019, 8:33 am

I've had no problems including quick answers when returning a product.  slower answers on clarifying fitment - but the answers did come.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by hp246 3/6/2019, 6:06 pm

Guess now I'm sorry I bothered asking the question. As many products as they sell for the shooter, I just thought someone might have heard if they were having problems.  I've never had a problem getting through to them.  Always had great customer service.  Always got the best pricing.  Still can't get through to them and no replies from online inquiries.  I've had to take my business elsewhere.  I

hp246

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/6/2019, 7:12 pm

Dang that sucks, hope they get it together. I've used Sport Optics too for Aimpoint.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 3/7/2019, 11:15 am

Below is an update - I hopped on chat, waited for a few minutes and then got to chat with Alyssa.

AP - are you guys super busy or staffing issues?

11:09:08 AM Alyssa
We're truly sorry for the delay in our response to you. We are experiencing an unprecedented volume of customer communication due to interest and demand in our product offerings. We're working tirelessly to get the situation under control by working on emails, voicemails, calls, and chats in the order we receive them. We greatly value you as our customer and look to provide you with a better experience going forward.

So, here you go....
AP

Last edited by PhotoEscape on 3/7/2019, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 3/7/2019, 12:20 pm

Was she reading that from a script from India ? (sarcasm off now)

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by hp246 3/7/2019, 12:40 pm

Multiracer wrote:Was she reading that from a script from India ? (sarcasm off now)
I think so.  I finally received a response  today from the FB inquiry I made on Tuesday.  Matches the above "Chat" word for word.

hp246

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 3/7/2019, 1:18 pm

I agree, -linguistical structure of the phrase does point to the script.  We do not use words "unprecedented volume" and "working tirelessly" in every day conversations.  However, even though scripted, you did get the answer, even two answers.  The first is that company still has heart bit, and second is that perseverance brings results.  Looks as chat might be the fastest way to get through.  Although I waited for about seven minutes despite showing that I was first in queue.  BTW, this past Tuesday I called Dillon, and also waited for 4-5 minutes despite "... you are the first caller...."

I'm not aware of Optics Planet having Call Center in India.  Do you know of this for sure?
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hp246 3/7/2019, 1:24 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:I agree, -linguistical structure of the phrase does point to the script.  We do not use words "unprecedented volume" and "working tirelessly" in every day conversations.  However, even though scripted, you did get the answer, even two answers.  The first is that company still has heart bit, and second is that perseverance brings results.  Looks as chat might be the fastest way to get through.  Although I waited for about seven minutes despite showing that I was first in queue.  BTW, this past Tuesday I called Dillon, and also waited for 4-5 minutes despite "... you are the first caller...."

I'm not aware of Optics Planet having Call Center in India.  Do you know of this for sure?
AP
Over three days, I probably called 30 times.  Longest I waited was half an hour.  Average wait time was probably 10 minutes.  Christmas rush.  Yeah, I get it.  A message left on their We'll call you right back line has gone unanswered for four days.  In four days still no response to two please email mes.  It took 3 days to get a response back from their FB we'll get right back to you messaging.  As far as India, I believe Multiracer was just being facetious.

hp246

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 3/7/2019, 1:52 pm

As far as India, I believe Multiracer was just being facetious.

Optics Planet 1710857839    Twisted Evil   Optics Planet 2935285009

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 4/4/2019, 11:41 am

Well I'm starting to believe the rumors... Ordered something in stock on Monday and 3 days later and the order is still processing. Seems like in 3 days they could throw a stock item into a box.   Mad

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 4/4/2019, 1:51 pm

OP must have been listening, my order just shipped lol.

Last edited by zanemoseley on 4/4/2019, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 4/4/2019, 1:52 pm

I have found several days delay before shipment is normal if you are using the “free” shipping.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down