Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruger MK II Rear sight question

Go down

Ruger MK II Rear sight question Empty Ruger MK II Rear sight question

Post by xcutter45 on 3/6/2019, 4:09 pm

Anyone have any first hand knowledge as to whether a taller than factory front sight is actually needed for the MK II Kensight Bomar copy on the 5-1/2" BBL MK II?  Thought I still had a Bomar laying around but can`t find it...Kensight website indicates a taller front is needed but that was often suggested as being necessary with the Bomar as well and I did not actually need it when my MK II`s had the Bomar rears...Looks like the aftermarket taller front sight might be .070" taller than stock if I`m seeing the spec`s for them correctly...If that`s all it is, I`m sure a .0625 shim would do fine at the front as well...Thanks if anyone has set one up and has some experience...Jerry

xcutter45

Back to top Go down

Ruger MK II Rear sight question Empty Re: Ruger MK II Rear sight question

Post by Jack H on 3/6/2019, 4:20 pm

The taller front is likely needed for center hold.  Six and subsix probably will work with the original.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by xcutter45 on 3/6/2019, 4:32 pm

Jack,  Thanks...you are one I figured might know...on the spot as always (for a very long time no less Ruger MK II Rear sight question 2309170423 )  Sub six for my OLD eyeballs for sure...so will try the OEM front then...thanks again...

xcutter45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum