Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions

+4
Multiracer
LenV
PhotoEscape
Slartybartfast
8 posters

Go down

Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions Empty Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions

Post by Slartybartfast 3/13/2019, 12:55 pm

Is a revolver range stand (see below) a handy thing to have or simply a PITA?

Found a nice one that claims to be compatible with my revolver and it seems like a really neat idea to organise loading and keep the revolver off the bench (and easily leave it with the cylinder open to show safe and unloaded).

Assuming not having a bullseye type pistol box, any similar products of other range bench products for revolvers and pistols anyone might recommend?

Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions 2Q==
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions Empty Re: Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions

Post by Slartybartfast 3/13/2019, 1:02 pm

Maybe the Real Avid Range Station?

I'm thinking with this and a revolver range block it could serve for pistols and revolvers.
Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions 61g0-IfUFQL._SX466_
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions Empty Re: Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions

Post by PhotoEscape 3/13/2019, 3:13 pm

http://www.5starfirearms.com/Speed-Loading-s/106.htm
http://www.5starfirearms.com/Billet-Aluminum-Gun-Stand-p/gun_stand.htm
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 3/13/2019, 3:50 pm

Those were what I was looking at.

Useful? Gimmick? Is the stand good/safe/undamaging for the gun?

I'm thinking of the following now:
- cleaning mat to put on range bench
- revolver bench block and one speed loader (from impressions and observing videos, but never using, the push style speed loaders seem easier to use than the twist style)

Maybe get some kind of pistol stand. If I have the mat I'm less concerned about the guns being on the bench surface. But for the revolver propping the cylinder open is still a pain.

Tried using the red unloaded indicator disk that came with the revolver and closing the cylinder, but range officer didn't like that.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 3/13/2019, 5:13 pm

You really don't need any of that to shoot revolver. I bought a speed tray and speed loaders for my .22 and 38 and don't bother bringing them anymore. A long chamber flag inserted into the barrel will hold the cylinder open. A bowl full of bullets that are loose and easy to grab two at a time will make it possible/easy to keep up with any commands. The 45 is super easy because I just bring enough full moon clips to shoot the whole match.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 3/13/2019, 5:27 pm

Revlover Range Stand and Speed Loader Opinions 3064385617

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 3/16/2019, 6:04 pm

Safariland makes a speed loader tray which holds 14, 6 shot patterns or 84 rds. With two of these and four speedloaders one is good for 192 rds of shooting without handling loose ammo. Of course the same could be done with 32 speedloaders. Available in k frame or L frame. I cut rectangular pieces of cardboard to slip over the trays in transport, so rounds will not jiggle out.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 3/16/2019, 10:11 pm

LenV wrote:You really don't need any of that to shoot revolver. I bought a speed tray and speed loaders for my .22 and 38 and don't bother bringing them anymore. A long chamber flag inserted into the barrel will hold the cylinder open. A bowl full of bullets that are loose and easy to grab two at a time will make it possible/easy to keep up with any commands. The 45 is super easy because I just bring enough full moon clips to shoot the whole match.
Len
Agree.  When calling the line, I always allow extra time for the revolver folks.  There is no reason to rush the "load" command; safety first.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 3/16/2019, 11:17 pm

With some practice you get adept at picking up two cartridges at a time and loading them both in to the cylinder. I tried the speed loader route when I shot revolver in the 900, but with a Colt it was a tight fit and awkward. I was faster just loading them two at a time.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 3/16/2019, 11:52 pm

I will never understand why the 10 seconds it takes me to load a K38 with 5 is a big deal.  Actually when I have a block prepared ahead of time I loaded them in 8 seconds.  One at a time.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down