Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friend sent me a link to this article - I looked it up, and found the website with the posting

+3
Olde Pilot
bob7398
mikemyers
7 posters

Go down

A friend sent me a link to this article - I looked it up, and found the website with the posting Empty A friend sent me a link to this article - I looked it up, and found the website with the posting

Post by mikemyers Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:34 pm

For me, the most useful things to read start with Dave Salyer's first article.
You need to scroll down to find that section.

https://armarksman.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/new-service-pistol-guide.pdf

Towards the end, there's a "packing list" for going to a match.  
It supposedly includes some targets that can be printed on 8.5 x 11 copy paper, but I couldn't find them.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

A friend sent me a link to this article - I looked it up, and found the website with the posting Empty Re: A friend sent me a link to this article - I looked it up, and found the website with the posting

Post by bob7398 Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 pm

https://www.silvercitygunclub.com/Img_Web/p75rf.jpg
https://www.silvercitygunclub.com/targets.html

Will this work?

Bob

bob7398

Back to top Go down

A friend sent me a link to this article - I looked it up, and found the website with the posting Empty Re: A friend sent me a link to this article - I looked it up, and found the website with the posting

Post by mikemyers Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 pm

First one worked beautifully!   Thank you!!

(What do you guys use to practice at 50 yards?)
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Printing your own targets cost mega black ink and, so, is really expensive. Why are people doing it?

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Olde Pilot wrote:Printing your own targets cost mega black ink and, so, is really expensive. Why are people doing it?

Because then you get to use crappy printer paper lol. Life is to short for crappy targets. Order some Kruger targets and shoot like a king.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 pm

I've printed some custom targets in the past. Yeah, ink hog for sure. Last batch at office max, as my HP that was 11 x 17 capable had 'expired' cartridges and a clogged print head or 2. A new printer was cheaper ...

Paper quality, both cutting clean holes, and being able to SEE them at 200 yds, was another issue. And I wandered the aisles of an office supply place to find something that 'looked' useful'.

I've got Kruger's on the way for practice. Damned recent indoor matches spoiled me rotten.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:45 am

Kruger USA sell fantastic targets, but their shipping charges scare a lot of shooters away. Maybe they could get a cheaper shipping cost by calling them, "Educational Materials"?
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Olde Pilot wrote:Printing your own targets cost mega black ink and, so, is really expensive. Why are people doing it?

I used to print a pile of them on the work printer, 
toner would not get them as black as I liked, but the were good enough, 

bought a pile of them at a gunshow, cheap, so been using them instead
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down