Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

+31
Michael C
Speedy396
310yuma
Lightfoot
adamsgt
Jack H
DA/SA
Allgoodhits
bruce martindale
willnewton
larryx
Tim:H11
zanemoseley
Wobbley
TonyH
orpheoet
LateBoomer
TexasShooter
Jwhelan939
croesler
dronning
Jake1911
farmboy
lablover
jglenn21
james r chapman
joy2shoot
joeangi
David R
Lextalionis
fpk
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 Empty Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

Post by fpk 3/28/2019, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Steve and I (Paul) are happy to announce that we have started a cast bullet business making competition quality projectiles, and we would like to invite you to check us out, and consider shooting our bullets.

We provide many pistol profiles, finished in either wax lube or Hi-Tek coating, and sell for a very competitive price of $2.80/lb, or $42/15lbs. Shipping is discounted to $5/bag, and if you buy 60lbs or more, shipping is included in the price. You can ask any questions here, on our facebook page, or sending email to sales@brazosprecision.com.

I know that the bottom-line question is whether our bullets shoot, and especially whether Hi-Tek coated bullets shoot. We are going to do a lot of testing and sharing of the results, but we do have some early results, thanks to our very own Mason Talbert. Mason shot his first 2600 score two week ago at the Austin Rifle Club match of 2616-100x. This was a full 71 points higher than his previous best, and he used our 45, 200gr SWC (H&G#68) BB bullet profile, finished in Hi-Tek for the entire match.  You can see a bit about his targets here: http://www.brazosprecision.com/Mason-Talbert-Blows-Past-2600-to-2616-100x_b_3.html

If we don't have something you need, just let us know. We have a good selection of popular profiles already, but we will be adding new ones weekly.

Thank you for considering us, and especially thank you for those of you that have already become customers. If you do decide to buy, please use the promo code BFGRANDOPENING to receive 10% off your entire order as a thank you for trying us out! (http://www.brazosprecision.com/?ApplyPromo=bfgrandopening). This code is good until the end of April 2019.

Last edited by fpk on 3/28/2019, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove duplicate signature and links)

fpk

http://brazosprecision.com

Back to top Go down

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

Post by zanemoseley 4/7/2019, 8:29 am

bruce martindale wrote:
fpk wrote:Yeah, those are not flat and have wrinkles in them. Mold was not hot enough. I’ll post some picts of bases in a bit when I get back to the shop.
Those are pretty bad in the base. They look like lead shot was added, or not enough tin. We had a caster using shot for casting; put himself right out of business. Shot has arsenic to make it clump, not flow.

I cast a lot of my own bullets and would NEVER keep bullets with bases like that's. It's not rocket science, get a good mold, decent alloy, heat everything up and don't open the sprue plate too soon.

A commercial caster claiming they're fine is pitiful. I can tell the Bravos guys are gonna be dedicated to quality,

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

Post by Allgoodhits 4/7/2019, 4:47 pm

I went to the website to place a multiple bullet order under the wholesale tab. Selected several with proper poundage to reach the free shipping. ON checkout phase, there was not identification of the 4 different bullets I was ordering other than the weight. I backed out, not knowing what I was going to get. What did I do incorrectly?

If easier, reply to allgoodhits@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Martin
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/7/2019, 6:04 pm

Allgoodhits wrote:I went to the website to place a multiple bullet order under the wholesale tab. Selected several with proper poundage to reach the free shipping. ON checkout phase, there was not identification of the 4 different bullets I was ordering other than the weight. I backed out, not knowing what I was going to get. What did I do incorrectly?

Thanks,

Martin
Martin, 

Wholesale is really there just for commercial loaders that buy more than 100k bullets a month. If you are interested in that, please message me and I'll get you setup. If you are just looking for yourself, then it is best to use the individual listing which have the profiles in the cart.

If you run into anything else, please do not hesitate to message me here or on FB, and we will get you what you want.  Thanks!

fpk

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 4/7/2019, 7:09 pm

If I click on your http://brazosprecision.com link in the above post it takes me to a blank page.

Does anyone else have that problem?
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 4/7/2019, 7:12 pm

DA/SA wrote:If I click on your http://brazosprecision.com link in the above post it takes me to a blank page.

Does anyone else have that problem?
Same here
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 4/7/2019, 8:00 pm

Use the longer links above and backtrack to home
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 4/7/2019, 8:02 pm

http://www.brazosprecision.com/
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 4/7/2019, 8:24 pm

I just thought that he might like to know so he could fix it.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/7/2019, 10:17 pm

DA/SA wrote:I just thought that he might like to know so he could fix it.
It is supposed to redirect, but that appears to work only when ppl type it into the browser. I"ll fix it in my signature, and thank you for mentioning it!

fpk

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 4/8/2019, 7:25 am

My order of 2100 200 grain Hi Tek coated SWC showed up today.   Will be testing them WED.  

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 4/8/2019, 2:15 pm

fpk wrote:
Allgoodhits wrote:I went to the website to place a multiple bullet order under the wholesale tab. Selected several with proper poundage to reach the free shipping. ON checkout phase, there was not identification of the 4 different bullets I was ordering other than the weight. I backed out, not knowing what I was going to get. What did I do incorrectly?

Thanks,

Martin
Martin, 

Wholesale is really there just for commercial loaders that buy more than 100k bullets a month. If you are interested in that, please message me and I'll get you setup. If you are just looking for yourself, then it is best to use the individual listing which have the profiles in the cart.

If you run into anything else, please do not hesitate to message me here or on FB, and we will get you what you want.  Thanks!

Thank you. Perhaps mistaken, but I thought I tried the other way first, then went to the bottom tab. Pardon the pun, I'll give it another shot.

(edited) Order AB-1132 placed. Thank you

Martin
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 Empty Pricing and packing

Post by adamsgt 4/11/2019, 10:48 pm

From what I get from your web site you package your bullets in 15 lb lots and the number of bullets will very depending on the weight of the bullet. This method makes it easier to fill bags rather than counting bullets. Works for me.

adamsgt

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/12/2019, 12:04 am

To all that have had some trouble ordering on the website, I am very sorry. I believe that I have updated the verification code thing to work better with more devices.  If you had tried and run into trouble, please give it another try and let me know if you still are having problems.

fpk

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 4/16/2019, 4:34 pm

After lubing, sizing and relubing the 160s I got from Brazos, I took them to the range as part of my slow fire practice session.  Since this range only goes to 25 yards, I use the B-16 25 yard slow fire target.  I put ten rounds in the first target then hung another target on top of the first and fired another ten rounds.  Since this was a practice session, I shot Bullseye stance (i.e. no support, no sand bag, etc.).  The top target below is the second one shot with its ten rounds.  The bottom target below consists of its ten rounds plus the ten rounds from the second target.  Conclusion: the Brazos .45-160 gr SWC is accurate enough for me.

I did have a few failure-to-eject and failure-to-lock-slide-back-on-last-round, but I doubt that has anything to do with the bullet.

[Added: Forgot to mention, the bullets were well formed and well cast.  On par with my Dardas supply.]
Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 10shot10
Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 20shot10

Last edited by joy2shoot on 4/16/2019, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/16/2019, 4:40 pm

Those are some nice groups on those little bugger targets!

Last edited by fpk on 4/16/2019, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

fpk

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 4/16/2019, 4:43 pm

joy2shoot wrote:After lubing, sizing and relubing the 160s I got from Brazos, I took them to the range as part of my slow fire practice session.  Since this range only goes to 25 yards, I use the B-16 25 yard slow fire target.  I put ten rounds in the first target then hung another target on top of the first and fired another ten rounds.  Since this was a practice session, I shot Bullseye stance (i.e. no support, no sand bag, etc.).  The top target below is the second one shot with its ten rounds.  The bottom target below consists of its ten rounds plus the ten rounds from the second target.  Conclusion: the Brazos .45-160 gr SWC is accurate enough for me.

I did have a few failure-to-eject and failure-to-lock-slide-back-on-last-round, but I doubt that has anything to do with the bullet.
Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 10shot10
Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 20shot10

I'd love to hear your load data on those.  I'm hoping to get some soon!!!!!

Also, how did you lube them..I was curious as you said lube, size then lube again.  Tumble?

Very nice groups
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 4/16/2019, 5:50 pm

I used the same load as I do for my dwindling supply of Dardas 160s; 4.0 gr of N310.

My lubing process would probably make a real caster cringe.  My pre-sizing 'lube' consists of adding bullets to a plastic bag, spray with Dillon case lube, knead the bag to tumble the bullets, open bag, spread out, let dry ~1 hour, size to 0.452 (using the Lee Bullet Sizer*), tumble lube with 45-45-10 (I have a dedicated plastic box for this step), spread out, explain to the wife where the smell is coming from, let dry 24 hours.

*Because I use the Lee Bullet Sizer is the reason I need to lube before sizing.  If I were a caster, I would probably own a RCBS Lube-A-Matic where I can size and lube in one step.  But I rarely buy unsized/unlubed bullets, so the Lee works for me.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 4/16/2019, 6:06 pm

joy2shoot wrote:I used the same load as I do for my dwindling supply of Dardas 160s; 4.0 gr of N310.

My lubing process would probably make a real caster cringe.  My pre-sizing 'lube' consists of adding bullets to a plastic bag, spray with Dillon case lube, knead the bag to tumble the bullets, open bag, spread out, let dry ~1 hour, size to 0.452 (using the Lee Bullet Sizer*), tumble lube with 45-45-10 (I have a dedicated plastic box for this step), spread out, explain to the wife where the smell is coming from, let dry 24 hours.

*Because I use the Lee Bullet Sizer is the reason I need to lube before sizing.  If I were a caster, I would probably own a RCBS Lube-A-Matic where I can size and lube in one step.  But I rarely buy unsized/unlubed bullets, so the Lee works for me.
Thanks Buddy..I have a star lube sizer so was for me.  I do however want to try those coated hitec from Brazos
My 160 load is 4.3 gr of BE and it makes big ole knot holes like your load
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 4/16/2019, 6:20 pm

If I understand my tracking information, I’m gonna get a box of awesome sometime tomorrow!
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot 4/16/2019, 8:38 pm

Nice Shooting Thomas!   I just hand fed a bag of Hi Tek 160's through the sizer for my own use.  The first time I shot them i had a hole open up just like yours and I was hooked.  With no dot, I can run 3.6 bullseye and still get 99.9% function including lock back.  My rapid fire has come up 20 points of more in the last few matches.  I'm glad you are happy with our bullets!
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by LateBoomer 4/16/2019, 10:00 pm

What load are people using for the 200 and 180gr 45 bullets?  Looking to work up some thing with BE, N310, or HTG

LateBoomer

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 4/16/2019, 10:25 pm

LateBoomer wrote:What load are people using for the 200 and 180gr 45 bullets?  Looking to work up some thing with BE, N310, or HTG
You might want to start with the Pet Loads sticky
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t1209-pet-loads-of-top-shooters-loads-from-the-past

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 4/16/2019, 11:28 pm

LateBoomer wrote:What load are people using for the 200 and 180gr 45 bullets?  Looking to work up some thing with BE, N310, or HTG

Try 3.8 4.0 and 4.2 BE.

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 3 3619f710
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by LateBoomer 4/17/2019, 6:41 am

joy2shoot wrote:
You might want to start with the Pet Loads sticky
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t1209-pet-loads-of-top-shooters-loads-from-the-past
 Thanks!

LateBoomer

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/18/2019, 7:47 am

I got my bullet order loaded up 100ea of 180gr & 200gr Hi-Tek using 3.9 of WST - my current load.  Set up my Rock Crusher to start sizing the unsized 160gr Hi-Tek using a .452 Lee sizer, got through 1/4 of my 60lb order.  Slippery little devils.  Loading up 20ea with 4.0/4.2/4.4 of WST and see how it goes.
I'm hoping the 4.0 cycles the slide (10lb recoil 19lb main KC integral cut with Aimpoint H1)
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum