Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

+31
Michael C
Speedy396
310yuma
Lightfoot
adamsgt
Jack H
DA/SA
Allgoodhits
bruce martindale
willnewton
larryx
Tim:H11
zanemoseley
Wobbley
TonyH
orpheoet
LateBoomer
TexasShooter
Jwhelan939
croesler
dronning
Jake1911
farmboy
lablover
jglenn21
james r chapman
joy2shoot
joeangi
David R
Lextalionis
fpk
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 4 Empty Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

Post by fpk 3/28/2019, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Steve and I (Paul) are happy to announce that we have started a cast bullet business making competition quality projectiles, and we would like to invite you to check us out, and consider shooting our bullets.

We provide many pistol profiles, finished in either wax lube or Hi-Tek coating, and sell for a very competitive price of $2.80/lb, or $42/15lbs. Shipping is discounted to $5/bag, and if you buy 60lbs or more, shipping is included in the price. You can ask any questions here, on our facebook page, or sending email to sales@brazosprecision.com.

I know that the bottom-line question is whether our bullets shoot, and especially whether Hi-Tek coated bullets shoot. We are going to do a lot of testing and sharing of the results, but we do have some early results, thanks to our very own Mason Talbert. Mason shot his first 2600 score two week ago at the Austin Rifle Club match of 2616-100x. This was a full 71 points higher than his previous best, and he used our 45, 200gr SWC (H&G#68) BB bullet profile, finished in Hi-Tek for the entire match.  You can see a bit about his targets here: http://www.brazosprecision.com/Mason-Talbert-Blows-Past-2600-to-2616-100x_b_3.html

If we don't have something you need, just let us know. We have a good selection of popular profiles already, but we will be adding new ones weekly.

Thank you for considering us, and especially thank you for those of you that have already become customers. If you do decide to buy, please use the promo code BFGRANDOPENING to receive 10% off your entire order as a thank you for trying us out! (http://www.brazosprecision.com/?ApplyPromo=bfgrandopening). This code is good until the end of April 2019.

Last edited by fpk on 3/28/2019, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove duplicate signature and links)

fpk

http://brazosprecision.com

Back to top Go down

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 4 Empty Re: Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

Post by 310yuma 4/18/2019, 9:21 am

A big  thumbs up to Paul  and the crew .l found that l really like the  45cal 155 bullets, but did not have enough for the 2 upcoming regionals ,placed an order last Saturday and sent a note to Paul to see if l could get some before l leave
A packing label was pulled on Sunday and the bullets arrived today 
Great customer service  Thanks again

310yuma

Back to top Go down

Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening - Page 4 Empty Re: Brazos Bullet Company - Grand Opening

Post by Lightfoot 4/18/2019, 10:26 am

310yuma wrote:A big  thumbs up to Paul  and the crew .l found that l really like the  45cal 155 bullets, but did not have enough for the 2 upcoming regionals ,placed an order last Saturday and sent a note to Paul to see if l could get some before l leave

I'm glad we could get them there for you in time.  We are working really hard to get orders out.  Sometimes we have a small order for a less popular profile or a unique size and those don't go out as fast.  It's a learning curve for us and we will get it figured out.  We are about to triple our casting capacity which will help!  One thing we won't sacrifice is quality.  We ran 16 hours yesterday and fought the machines all day.  Ended up with very little to show for it, but what we have is great quality.  I'll admit it's difficult to examine every single bullet, but we do look at them and as yesterdays production will confirm, they don't go out unless they are perfect.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by fpk 4/26/2019, 5:11 pm

Just a reminder to everyone that the promo code for 10% (BFGRANDOPENING) expires at the end of the this month (April), which is just a few days away if you wanted to take advantage if it.

In case not everyone looks at the announcements forum, I also wanted to draw your attention to our new Winners Circle program which provides cash & gift certificate prizes for registered Bullseye matches at the National, Regional, State and even Local levels. Have a look at this blog post, which explains the program:

http://www.brazosprecision.com/Winners-Circle-Program--Bullseye_b_5.html

Thank you to the overwhelming support we have had from forum members, and keep em in the x-ring!

fpk

http://brazosprecision.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 4/26/2019, 5:25 pm

310yuma wrote:A big  thumbs up to Paul  and the crew .l found that l really like the  45cal 155 bullets, but did not have enough for the 2 upcoming regionals ,placed an order last Saturday and sent a note to Paul to see if l could get some before l leave
Are you using those 155s at 25 yards?  I may order some to try out.  I know I love the 160s a bunch
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by 310yuma 4/26/2019, 5:50 pm

Short line only. I have not had time to work any loads for the long line so l will stay with the 185 jhp for  now.
Try them,  a little different recoil feel, maybe a little slower 
side return, but l feel like it makes recovering easier

310yuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy396 4/30/2019, 7:56 pm

Look forward to trying them out. A nice discount and free shipping! Thanks!

Speedy396

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 4/30/2019, 8:32 pm

310yuma wrote:Short line only. I have not had time to work any loads for the long line so l will stay with the 185 jhp for  now.
Try them,  a little different recoil feel, maybe a little slower 
side return, but l feel like it makes recovering easier
Tried em and I like em..they even do well at 50 yards as far as I can tell fromoff the bags
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael C 2/13/2021, 10:36 am

I know this is an older thread but I just ordered some of the 200g SWC HiTeK coated from Brazos.  Mostly to use in practice and save my limited supply of jacked bullets for match’s.  
I have only ever loaded 185 JHP for my service pistol (newer pistol shooter here) and have a crimp question.  I use .470 on my JHP but, do you use more crimp on lead bullets for 45auto?

Michael C

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 2/13/2021, 11:09 am

Most people use .463" - .469" for lead. That's a debate in itself.

zanemoseley

Michael C and Jwhelan939 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 2/13/2021, 11:58 am

I’ve had good luck in the .465 to .468 range.   I also load them to .910-.915 base of cartridge to exposed shoulder.
Wobbley
Wobbley

Michael C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael C 2/13/2021, 12:20 pm

Wobbley wrote:I’ve had good luck in the .465 to .468 range.   I also load them to .910-.915 base of cartridge to exposed shoulder.
That is good information about seating depth that I did not even think about!  Thank you!

Michael C

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Collette 2/15/2021, 7:19 am

Hi
Do you ship tp MA ?
G

Gary Collette

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 2/15/2021, 9:43 am

jglenn21 wrote:The hi-tek coated bullets if done correctly are terrific.. no lube in your dies to clean, they shoot just like lubed bullets and you are not directly exposed to lead loading them by hand.

BTW Branos does the hi-tek coating correctly. The coating does not rub off on your hands..

Cleaning your barrels is basically running a patch thru your bore. You could say i like them.
Yeas they are great! and they shoot great too.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by flyer898 2/15/2021, 10:35 am

I missed this thread and announcement until just now. On the strength of the comments here, I ordered four boxes of the coated 200 gr. SWC. 
They show as back ordered. I was charged $14 shipping but still a good value.
I have an original Dillon RL450 (remember those) set up for .45. When they arrive, I will clean the old girl up and start loading .45 for the first time in more years than I will admit.

flyer898

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot 2/19/2021, 2:57 pm

Gary Collette wrote:Hi
Do you ship tp MA ?
G
Yes.  We ship usps flat rate packages so all 50 states are covered.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dlevasse 2/19/2021, 6:37 pm

I need 148gr lead wad cutters with the hollow base for my Smith and Wesson 52. I would like to try some with the polymer coating also.

dlevasse

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 2/19/2021, 8:25 pm

Brazos sells cast bullets.  For HBWC, try Magnus.  https://www.magnusbullets.com/shop-online/
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by flyer898 3/18/2021, 3:50 pm

The bullets I ordered on 2/15 (200 gr BBSWC) arrived today in a 60 lb. Priority Mail flat-rate box. They look great. It is time for me to get busy.

flyer898

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum