Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New CCI "Clean" subsonic .22 Ammo

+5
Slartybartfast
243winxb
zanemoseley
10sandxs
Ray Dash
9 posters

Go down

New CCI "Clean" subsonic .22 Ammo Empty New CCI "Clean" subsonic .22 Ammo

Post by Ray Dash Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Just curious if anyone has tried the new Clean CCI 1070fps ammo compared to the standard CCI? I know the new stuff is polymer coated and wonder if it shoots just as good as the old Standard velocity lead bullets? Will there really be any advantage to the new polymer coated bullets in a .22?
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

New CCI "Clean" subsonic .22 Ammo Empty Re: New CCI "Clean" subsonic .22 Ammo

Post by 10sandxs Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Sorry for the hijack, I've got two cases of "old" cci that I wish shot half as good as true old cci... thier ammo has been going down hill.

Back to task at hand, benefits of coating are same for larger caliber, but I suspeCT they feed better than the wax coating that's on them now...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 pm

How is CCI going downhill. I have new production ammo that will shoot 10 shot 50 yard groups about 2" with just sand bags and a red dot, probably 1" from a ransom rest. What more do you want from $200 a case ammo after rebate.

Last edited by zanemoseley on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:32 am

I currently have three.different lots. One shoots about .5" ten shot groups at 50 FEET from a ransom rest. One shoots .8", one shoots 1.1". All are averages of 4 ten shot groups. The first case runs perfectly, the second misfires one in ten, the third only misfires 1 in 20, but wont hold the indoor 10 ring. I can make them go bang everytime, but it requires a 23 lb mainspring (marvel). Problem is that now I can't spring the slide light enough for reliable function. Samples of both are in transit to cci for evaluation...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:06 am

Hmm.... Sounds like your luck is not so good currently lol. I was fighting light strikes with my Marvel but I didn't blame the ammo. After getting worked on I just had 1 of 250 rounds light strike but I want to test more.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by 243winxb Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:33 am

"Special 40 grain lead hollow point nose at 1050 ft/sec"

A HP  40 gr would make a longer bullet?  Is the OAL  the same as "standard" CCI ? 

A longer OAL may cause feeding problems. 

Hope someone tests it. 

Had some CCI  std vel that was crimped to hard.  Brass bulge at the case mouth. Rounds did not chamber fully.  Caused misfire when firing pin strike fully chambered the round.  About 1 in 50 average. 

Just received  5000 rounds in new blue box , no problems.   Great rebate. Free shipping from  Target Sports USA.   . On my porch in 2 days.
243winxb
243winxb

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:18 am

243winxb wrote:"Special 40 grain lead hollow point nose at 1050 ft/sec"

A HP  40 gr would make a longer bullet?  Is the OAL  the same as "standard" CCI ? 

A longer OAL may cause feeding problems. 

I've never used the new coated bullets, but I've used and abandonned CCI Std LRN for my FAS 607 and use CCI Subsonic HP almost exclusively.
I've found that the CCI SS HP is consistently shorter than LRN. Even when QC is so bad that half of them just look like LRN. 
CCI Std LRN jams regularly in my FAS 607 magazine and consistently fails to feed correctly. CCI SS HP loads and feeds with no issues what-so-ever. And as a bonus it's the cheapest 22LR in 100rnd boxes around here.
The FAS also has flawlessly loaded, fed, and fired with any of the expensive euro brands I've tried. But my shooting is bad enough that if there's any advantage to shooting the expensive stuff it's lost on me. After some reading I found that the North American SAAMI standards for 22lr run longer in max OAL than the CIP European standards.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:55 am

Off topic but how do you like the FAS? U have my eye on the new 6007 that they are saying will be released soon.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 am

Just a bump to see if anyone has tried the "Clean" poly coated cci and compared it to the regular standard velocity.

I also picked up a couple bricks of subsonic hollow point to try in my new Walther just in case the CCI standard doesn't work for the fact that the HP is a little shorter on the OAL. Wondering how the HP will work accuracy wise compared to the Standard?
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:16 am

Ray Dash wrote:Just a bump to see if anyone has tried the "Clean" poly coated cci and compared it to the regular standard velocity.

I also picked up a couple bricks of subsonic hollow point to try in my new Walther just in case the CCI standard doesn't work for the fact that the HP is a little shorter on the OAL. Wondering how the HP will work accuracy wise compared to the Standard?
I was given a box of 100 of the coated to try by a (new to BE) shooter in a 25yd indoor league I attend. I could not get them to group or shoot to call at all in my nelson .  I was surprised because I was only shooting at 25yds. Went back to my regular CCI on the NMC SF target and my shots grouped again and were on call.  Thinking it was maybe a fluke I shot the rest of the box at 50yds a few days later and I had the same problem only much worse at 50yds.

22 ammo can be particular to individual barrels so take the above with that in mind.  Best way to know if it will work in your gun is to give it a try in your gun.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:37 am

I’ve had good results with Fiocchi 40 Gr HP subsonic 22LR.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:36 pm

I use my CCI strictly for practice. Too unreliable for matches. I won't be buying anymore.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:12 am

Ray Dash wrote:Just a bump to see if anyone has tried the "Clean" poly coated cci and compared it to the regular standard velocity.

Hey ray look forward to your testing.  Cci sv works just great in my Walther and from previous posts we have the same Walther.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

New CCI "Clean" subsonic .22 Ammo Empty FAS

Post by Slartybartfast Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 am

Ray Dash wrote:Off topic but how do you like the FAS? U have my eye on the new 6007 that they are saying will be released soon.
Sorry, missed your question.
Love my FAS. It was a steal at 650 $Can in pristine condition. Seriously looked like it had never been fired with what looked like original packing grease inside. Only regret I have is that there was a Domino website that had parts and service kits that seems to have disappeared and replacement magazine jumped in price as well. Have to expect that in a pistol that has not been in production for a long time.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down