Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended)

+10
Jack H
LenV
desben
inthebeech
lablover
messenger
zanemoseley
Jwhelan939
willnewton
mikemyers
14 posters

Go down

Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) Empty Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended)

Post by mikemyers Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:16 am

I think this product deserves its own thread - perfect answer to something I've been wondering about for years.
Steve Turner posted about it in the "Bullseye List", so I  searched for it.  I plan to order one when I get home.

http://uniquetek.com/product/T1515-M

mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) Empty Re: Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended)

Post by willnewton Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:56 am

Save the money and just use a marker to draw a line on the bottom of your brass.

Or just lay the marker on a table and spin the brass on the marker tip to make a ring.

willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) Empty Re: Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended)

Post by Jwhelan939 Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:43 pm

I have the motorized one. It's nice for 45, tough to use on 9mm, and worthless for 32. Still works well for the 45.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:54 pm

So does Sharpie wash off when you clean with SS pins?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:58 pm

zanemoseley wrote:So does Sharpie wash off when you clean with SS pins?
Only if you tumble for 2.5-3 hours. I wet tumble for an hour and a half and can faintly see my sharpie marks.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:17 pm

Hmmmm..I think I’ll print one up. Very Happy
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:36 pm

I don't like marks on my brass so I mark the bullets. What a Face
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by desben Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:15 pm

inthebeech wrote:I don't like marks on my brass so I mark the bullets. What a Face
jocolor
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Do they work better then this? Pretty sure the ones in the bag are mine.  Very Happy And even if they aren't they are now.

Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) Dscf0313
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) 37b69310Pffftttt..made my own. Modified of course...and it didn’t cost me 17.95 either. Hahaha
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:57 pm

lablover wrote:Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) 37b69310Pffftttt..made my own. Modified of course...and it didn’t cost me 17.95 either. Hahaha
Can you make one that works with the tiny 32acp?

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:08 pm

I didn't know they had a motorized option.  Interesting.
I want it for 45 and 38 Special.  I guess I don't really "need it", but I like what I see.

If I ever buy the Ultimaker 3 that I want, that can be my first project!  It's just a wee bit more than the $17.95, and would probably take up all my spare time for months before I got it working.  Then again, I think of all the other things I could print, including custom grips....

mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm

mikemyers wrote:I didn't know they had a motorized option.  Interesting.
I want it for 45 and 38 Special.  I guess I don't really "need it", but I like what I see.

If I ever buy the Ultimaker 3 that I want, that can be my first project!  It's just a wee bit more than the $17.95, and would probably take up all my spare time for months before I got it working.  Then again, I think of all the other things I could print, including custom grips....

You’d be amazed at how simple it is.  Check into the ender3. Pretty inexpensive and prints great
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 pm

When I was learning how to reload, and several times since then, I read the cautions about re-using brass.  There are limits to how many times brass can be reloaded, and there are things that can actually damage brass.

I'm not really worried about getting back my own brass, or how many times it has been used, but I am concerned about gathering up other people's brass - who knows what condition it is in.  If it's the same brand I'm using, I have no way of telling for sure where the brass came from.

Others may have a different purpose, but I would like to know that when I bring brass home from the range, it's the same brass that I've been shooting, and most likely won't include brass that has a crack or some other defect that I was warned about so long ago.  So, I look at all the brass and filter out anything with a head stamp meaning it's not mine, and hope what's left is OK.  If it looks good, and feels good as I'm cleaning it, it gets added to my brass box for reloading.

I know there are people who just pick up all the range brass they can, and they're all set to go for years.  People suggested I not do that.  I'm by NO means an expert, but I try to follow all the cautions I read about.  

I like the idea of this marker - I can't see any reasons not to buy one.  The $20 or so is no big deal.  

I've thought about buying a brass catcher, but at the range I shoot at, with two "shooting stations connected, side by side",  I'm not sure I have the room there to set one up.  Depends  partly on being on which side of the table I shoot at.  If my table is to my right, there's no way that would work.  If I start going to other ranges, matches, etc., then for sure I will buy a brass catcher.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:30 am

Jwhelan

Pretty sure I could
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 am

lablover wrote:Jwhelan

Pretty sure I could
PM me if you make one!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:33 am

That's my brass!
Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) Thats_10
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:00 am

How did we ever survive before the Keurig!

lol!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Workinman Thu May 30, 2019 7:41 am

Lablover, how bout posting the stl?

Workinman

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Thu May 30, 2019 8:06 am

From Double Alpha, this is THE way to go if you like gadgets!  Bullets drop down from the press as you reload and enters the automatic marker.  Just load away and your bullets are marked for you.

Skip to 10 minutes on the video.

dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu May 30, 2019 12:17 pm

Rube Goldberg!!!!     Brass Marker, all sizes, many colors, unique marking (pun intended) 1710857839
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Thu May 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Now all I need a machine at the bottom of the exit chute that automatically indexes the plastic ammo box bullet cavities till the box is full.........clown
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down