Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some advice on a Colt Government Model purchase

4 posters

Go down

Need some advice on a Colt Government Model purchase Empty Need some advice on a Colt Government Model purchase

Post by sixftunda Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 pm

This is on armslist and its close to me. He is asking 780.00

Not sure what I will do with it yet. It has a collet bushing.

If I were to use it for bullseye would the same amount of money be better spent on a Springfield RO?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/626120/columbus-ohio-handguns-for-sale-trade--colt-1911-70-45
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on a Colt Government Model purchase Empty Re: Need some advice on a Colt Government Model purchase

Post by Rob Kovach Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:59 pm

I recommend the RO. It looks like the colt is stock, and odds are the RO will be a better bullseye gun in stock condition than the Colt will be.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on a Colt Government Model purchase Empty Re: Need some advice on a Colt Government Model purchase

Post by DavidR Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:21 am

That is a bone stock colt, be good if you want a hardball gun, but the range officer is way better equipped, adjustable sights alone to have put on the colt could run 200.00 parts and labor. I have a brand new range officer available 795.00 plus shipping to your ffl.

Last edited by DavidR on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 pm

I recently purchased a SA hardball gun that had been built by a top notch gunsmith. It shoots less than 2" groups at 50 yds with handloaded ball ammo and the price was far less than buying a Colt and having all the work done. Colt 1911's while nice are not always the best starting point for a bullseye or hardball gun. Go with the Springfield. If you have to go with a Colt, check out Cabela's Gun Library. I was at the store in Hamburg PA this week and saw what looked to be a Jim Clark, Sr Colt 1911 with the Clark rib for $699.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down