Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultradot gen 2

5 posters

Go down

Ultradot gen 2 Empty Ultradot gen 2

Post by Guest 5/5/2019, 8:31 am

Ultradot have recently introduced their new generation 25mm /1 inch sight. The main difference from the original is a 2 moa dot (4 moa previously).

Which is better for Bullseye?

Back to top Go down

Ultradot gen 2 Empty Re: Ultradot gen 2

Post by zanemoseley 5/5/2019, 11:15 am

You've gotta decide for yourself between 4 moa or 2 moa. I like 2 moa but there are plenty of guys that prefer 4 moa.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 5/5/2019, 3:21 pm

IMO UD is going the wrong way.

Some of us prefer the big dots like 8 moa and up.
I like my dot to cover most of the black.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 5/5/2019, 3:29 pm

I have 3 Millet's with adjustable dot sizes (2,4,6,Cool I prefer the 8 at 50 yards and 6 at 25.  I have tried using the 2 and 4 but just can't get pass playing a game chasing the small bouncing dot.  The larger dot just seems to be more foregiving for me.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 5/5/2019, 3:35 pm

Plus the large dot covering most of the black removes the temptation of the eye moving from dot to target to dot to target in focus and attention.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/5/2019, 4:22 pm

I got this from another expert. My question now clearly answered.

"If you were shooting High Master scores, your wobble area would be less than 2"s.  With a wobble area about the size of the x-ring, a smaller dot might be okay.  However, the 4 MOA dot is best."

Seems like UD should have offered a Gen 2 model with 6 or even 8moa dot, rather than going smaller. Unless there is another market besides the Bullseye fraternity who use UD's for a different purpose?

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 5/5/2019, 7:27 pm

Shooting HM scores has very little to do with wobble area size and a lot to do with consistency and seeing the process. If you think wobble area is limiting you, the you should probably be looking at a different part of your process. See the pattern, complete the trigger as the wobble is getting smaller.

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 5/6/2019, 6:45 am

CR10X wrote:Shooting HM scores has very little to do with wobble area size and a lot to do with consistency and seeing the process. If you think wobble area is limiting you, the you should probably be looking at a different part of your process. See the pattern, complete the trigger as the wobble is getting smaller.

CR
+1

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down