Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washed out and gone red dot

Go down

Washed out and gone red dot  Empty Washed out and gone red dot

Post by xman on 5/23/2019, 3:56 pm

In the last 2 BE matches I shot, the 50yd was in shadows. But when the timed fire started with the target in full sunshine, the red dot was just gone. I could see a streak when I moved the pistol left or right but no dot was seen.

Luckily I also have a green dot on the sight and used the green for the rest of the 2700.

In the first match when it happened I thought it was low battery. So I changed the battery and continued to shoot green.

Next match when we got to bright sunshine at 25yds, same result. Gone red dot and switched back to green. I have not heard of this happening to other shooters...true they have more $$$$ red dots than mine. but still, red dot is a red dot at highest strength. And some shooters only have a red dot.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Washed out and gone red dot  Empty Re: Washed out and gone red dot

Post by DA/SA on 5/23/2019, 4:03 pm

I had that problem a couple of times and went to a polarizing filter. Now I can darken the target in bright sun rather than brighten the dot, or loose it completely.

I actually shoot much better since I went to the filter as I keep better focus on the dot and don't tend to switch to a target focus as I can dim the target way down.

DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum