Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aimpoint h1 failures?

+8
Wobbley
Dcforman
1joel1
willnewton
valbern67
Dr.Don
messenger
10sandxs
12 posters

Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by 10sandxs Tue May 28, 2019 11:29 pm

Has anyone experienced a failure of an h1 on a 45? I've got a frame mount rotated 90 degrees (so up down becomes left right). I changed to a long trigger yesterday and today and my groups, while still tight, were consistantly high in the 8 ring.  Then I started adjusting and the wheels really fell off. Seems like I would give it 10 clicks at 50 feet and no notable change from sandbags, then another 10 would take it 6 scoring rings away.

I've lost a lot of slide mount dots on this gun am am pretty paranoid...

10sandxs

Posts : 946
Join date : 2016-01-29

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by messenger Wed May 29, 2019 6:52 am

I just sent two H-1's in for repair. One ran out of adjustment. Kept shooting low. Kept adjusting up till no more adjustment. The other one took more and more clicks between the short and long lines. after needing 25 clicks I sent it in. Used to be 12 clicks. Tried a Vortex Crossfire. Jon Shue's shades fit just fine. Having good results. Time will tell. I've Had a lot of problems with the H-1's. Won't be buying any more. They do have a great guarantee and customer service but they have to go back to Sweden for repair.

Bill


Last edited by messenger on Wed May 29, 2019 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
messenger
messenger

Posts : 994
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by Dr.Don Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 am

Interesting.  These are the only complaints I've seen on the Aimpoint micros.  Causes me to wonder if there are more problems out there that haven't surfaced online yet.  I don't own one...haven't been able to justify the delta cost over other options.  Am less likely to try one after seeing this.  Plus I really like the easy elevation changes on the Matchdot II.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Posts : 811
Join date : 2012-11-01
Location : Cedar Park, TX

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by 10sandxs Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:15 pm

It's confirmed, h1 isn't holding adjustment. It goes in big jumps, then holds for a while, then jumps again. 

I'd post pictures, but when I try, I get "could not upload file:exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space 27)... not sure what than means or how to free up any storage...

10sandxs

Posts : 946
Join date : 2016-01-29

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by valbern67 Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Bought an Aimpoint H-1 on Ebay, and now a few months later, it died. I went on the Aimpoint website and followed the directions to request an RMA Repair, and after 2 weeks, no response other than the automatic response that someone will be in contact soon......

Also called and left messages on 2 different extensions, and left a message on Facebook.

Customer Service?!?!?!
valbern67
valbern67

Posts : 277
Join date : 2018-09-04
Location : Norman, OK

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by willnewton Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:06 am

10sandxs wrote:It's confirmed, h1 isn't holding adjustment. It goes in big jumps, then holds for a while, then jumps again. 

I'd post pictures, but when I try, I get "could not upload file:exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space 27)... not sure what than means or how to free up any storage...

You have used up your allotted attachment storage on this site and have to delete old photos to free up space.

It is best not to use the storage here, due to the limits.  Instead use the Servimg option to upload your photos and you will never run out of space.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t8217-two-ways-to-post-photos-in-this-forum
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2016-07-25
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by 1joel1 Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:26 pm

valbern67 wrote:Bought an Aimpoint H-1 on Ebay, and now a few months later, it died. I went on the Aimpoint website and followed the directions to request an RMA Repair, and after 2 weeks, no response other than the automatic response that someone will be in contact soon......

Also called and left messages on 2 different extensions, and left a message on Facebook.

Customer Service?!?!?!

They are possibly closed for the month of August like most of Europe. I had my H-1 repaired and the service was first class.

Good Luck,

Joel

1joel1

Posts : 397
Join date : 2012-11-09
Location : San Diego, CA

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by Dcforman Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:46 pm

I honestly think we're harder on optics than literally anyone else. I mean, what other shooting discipline mounts a tube optic on a reciprocating slide? None I can think of. I'm surprised we don't hear of more failures. No optic is going to be perfect. Aimpoint seems better than pretty much everything else. I haven't had any failures yet, but I'm sure I eventually will. Hopefully not during a match.

Dave

Dcforman

Posts : 889
Join date : 2017-11-18
Age : 42
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by Wobbley Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:53 pm

I think the recoil impuls of a shotgun firing turkey or goose loads is much harder. But it would be interesting to see what the “G” loads are in Bullseye pistols.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Posts : 4650
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by DA/SA Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:59 pm

That may strike up another argument about shock buffers...
DA/SA
DA/SA

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2017-10-09
Age : 68
Location : Southeast Florida

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by farmboy Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:06 pm

messenger wrote:I just sent two H-1's in for repair. One ran out of adjustment. Kept shooting low. Kept adjusting up till no more adjustment. The other one took more and more clicks between the short and long lines. after needing 25 clicks I sent it in. Used to be 12 clicks. Tried a Vortex Crossfire. Jon Shue's shades fit just fine. Having good results. Time will tell. I've Had a lot of problems with the H-1's. Won't be buying any more. They do have a great guarantee and customer service but they have to go back to Sweden for repair.

Bill
Oh boy -  I am experiencing both symptoms with my .45 slide mounted H1. I have had to adjust it up twice and i have had to increase the number of clicks between 25 & 50yds 3 times now. I was thinking it may be failing. I guess it is. I have some vision issues so I was thinking maybe that was the issue but appears to not be the case.
farmboy
farmboy

Posts : 295
Join date : 2012-10-04
Location : Wichita, KS

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by Bigtrout Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am

My Burris FF3 3MOA has 3700 rounds on a 9mm RO with amped up loads and has held zero since it was adjusted 3 years ago. And the original battery is still good.  Admittedly, not the sharpest dot image but very reliable.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Posts : 417
Join date : 2015-06-21
Age : 83
Location : Richmond, VT

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by WesG Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Dont know if this is already old news, but I got notice today the H1 has been discontinued.

Aimpoints website doesn't say anything. Of course they still list PN's for the 4 moa dots.

A couple online sellers show discontinued or limited availability.

WesG

Posts : 646
Join date : 2018-09-21
Location : Cedar Park, TX - N CA

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by valbern67 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:11 pm

WesG wrote:Dont know if this is already old news, but I got notice today the H1 has been discontinued.

Aimpoints website doesn't say anything.  Of course they still list PN's for the 4 moa dots.

A couple online sellers show discontinued or limited availability.

From whom did you get a notice? Aimpoint?
valbern67
valbern67

Posts : 277
Join date : 2018-09-04
Location : Norman, OK

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by WesG Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 pm

A retailer I placed an order with months ago, and never heard anything until today.

WesG

Posts : 646
Join date : 2018-09-21
Location : Cedar Park, TX - N CA

Back to top Go down

Aimpoint h1 failures? Empty Re: Aimpoint h1 failures?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum