Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wichita sight issue

3 posters

Go down

Wichita sight issue Empty Wichita sight issue

Post by Slodad 6/6/2019, 12:54 am

The Wichita sight on my 1911 will occasionally get frisky and self elevate by several (like 15) clicks.  After a couple of consecutive uncalled high shots, it becomes obvious that it's up to its mischievous ways and I reach for the screwdriver. Any suggestions for taming it?  It was installed 35 years ago in a low profile milled slot.  Does it use the standard Colt dovetail?  Perhaps a new sight is in order?

Slodad

Back to top Go down

Wichita sight issue Empty Re: Wichita sight issue

Post by LenV 6/6/2019, 1:37 am

I found some info that suggests they were still in business but info wasn't new. It sounds like your little detent ball has gone AWOL. If your like most shooters you have several sights or parts there of laying around you might be able to steal from. If all else fails and your getting ready to order a new one because you can't find old parts then you can rough up the screw threads. If they are stripped that won't help. If they are just so old and smooth they are backing off you might get another 10 years out of it just by being mean to it.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 6/6/2019, 9:45 am

New owner of Wichita Arms is Tim McNally. You can contact him at mcnally2@ckt.net
Disclaimer - last time I communicated with Tim was about four years ago.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slodad 6/6/2019, 1:25 pm

Thanks.  I've reached out to Mr. McNally and I'll let you know if there's a response.

Slodad

Back to top Go down

Post by Slodad 6/8/2019, 12:46 am

Mr. McNally replied that he has parts and sights available.  I'm going to see if a Bomar will fit the Wichita dovetail because I prefer the Bomar adjusting detents.

Slodad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down