Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75?

+3
DA/SA
Wmvdg123
zanemoseley
7 posters

Go down

CZ Accu shadow 2 - Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75? Empty Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75?

Post by zanemoseley 6/6/2019, 9:07 pm

I bought a Shadow 2 a bit over a year ago just for fun but haven't shot it much. I do shoot it well at 10 yards 2 handed, I've wondered what the mechanical accuracy is with good ammo, I've just shot Winchester white box. Also the pistol is nearly 3 pounds, I prefer heavier pistols. The stock trigger is pretty darn good.

Also I see CZ custom does an accu bushing upgrade and mills the slides for a RDS plate system so you can mount a reflex style red dot. Might make a decent quality 9mm bullseye pistol, probably hard to match a good custom 1911 but might be good enough to shoot some.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

CZ Accu shadow 2 - Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75? Empty Re: Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75?

Post by Wmvdg123 6/6/2019, 10:30 pm

Maybe think of a cz p-09. Here are some of my ransom rest results, shooting 1.25-1.5 inches at 50 yards.

Wmvdg123

Back to top Go down

CZ Accu shadow 2 - Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75? Empty Re: Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75?

Post by zanemoseley 6/6/2019, 10:59 pm

The P-09 is a $500 pistol. The Shadow 2 is a $1100 pistol. So of you're getting those results at 50 I would think I could. Did you have to custom make the RR grip inserts?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Wmvdg123 6/7/2019, 5:59 am

Well, I've never seen a non-1911 semiauto group like that. There are some revolvers that will do it.  I'd encourage you to scour youtube. The p-09 has some serious mechanical accuracy. Sometimes cost isn't everything. I'm sure the shadow is a great a gun also, you could get it and a ransom and see how see how it groups. Yes, I had to get RR inserts.

Wmvdg123

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 6/7/2019, 7:10 am

Wmvdg123 wrote: The p-09 has some serious mechanical accuracy. 

How does the P-09 differ from the other full size CZ pistols as far as mechanical accuracy. Is the entire lockup system different?
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/7/2019, 7:41 am

I could be wrong but the P-09 just looks like a polymer CZ75 with perhaps a different grip angle. The upper looks pretty much the same.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 6/7/2019, 7:56 am

Yes, that is why I am curious as to why it may be more accurate than the others.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/7/2019, 8:06 am

I've never ransom rested my Shadow, nor have I sand bagged it. I doubt I would do much justice with a irons sights only on bags with white box ammo.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 6/7/2019, 9:29 am

I just picked up an SP-01 to play around with. Going to get a 10x bushing and adjustable rear sight from Cajun Gun Works, and some springs from Wolff. It's a 10 twist barrel, so I'm going to load some 105 grain swc down to 750 or so fps. Curious to see what happens. More of a fun experiment than anything else.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 6/7/2019, 10:11 am

The bushing is impressive. I put one in my CZ 85 Combat, (they come with adjustable target sight, trigger travel stop, and no firing pin block) which was already in a different class than my Sig or Beretta, and it made a noticeable difference. I haven't had the time to play with any LSWC loads for it yet though.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/7/2019, 11:55 am

The CGW 10x bushing looks pretty nice, also $60 sounds a lot better than the $350 accu bushing from CZ custom.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Wmvdg123 6/7/2019, 2:18 pm

I have wondered that also, I think it may because the plastic frame rails actually squeeze the slide, and it has a repeatable slide lock-up. I haven't seen that tight of slide-frame lock up on cz 75s, or on my p-07 ironically. I know slide-frame lock up only makes up 10% of accuracy, but it appears to help. I did epoxy my barrel to give it a tighter lock up as you can see on my videos. 

A major portion of 50 yard accuracy is meticulous handloading and working up a load that fits the pistol. If you do get a shadow and a ransom I'd love to see the results. I know Joe mustang on the cz forums has a CZ 75 that has the 10x bushing and he has some good 5 round groups at 50 yards that he has shot with his red dot.
Wayne

Wmvdg123

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 6/7/2019, 2:57 pm

I thought that Joe L (if that's the same Joe) was using a P-09 as well with a dot on it for BE and long distance shooting. That's why I was curious where the magic was in a P-09.

Thanks!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 6/7/2019, 5:12 pm

Wmvdg123 wrote:Well, I've never seen a non-1911 semiauto group like that.
Quite frankly it seems I see this kind of statement a lot on here. Seems more down to the fact the only pistols people seem to be accurizing and testing loads for are 1911s. I've actually given up asking about other pistols on here because the answer is always, start with an RO, buy parts, save for a custom 1911.
I seriously don't see how a polymer version of the shadow (P09) would be outperforming the steel frame version. And discussing what "magic" the P09 might have without even knowing if it has any accuracy advantage over the steel frame seems meaningless.
I wouldn't think it would be anything down to polymer going anywhere near the slide. With all polymer guns I've seen, the slide runs on metal inserts in the polymer frame. Seems the P09 has two steel blocks each with running rails.
CZ Accu shadow 2 - Anyone shoot a CZ Shadow 2 or acccurized CZ 75? Frame-600x364
The steel frame has the rails for the full length.
But if that polymer is pinching the slide, makes me wonder why not have nylon wedges in steel frame guns to tighten the frame/slide fit.
If the P09 does not have a barrel bushing while the Shadow does that could make for a difference.

Good luck to the OP. I'd love to see accuracy testing from a few non-1911 pistols. Personally I'm wavering about a Tanfoglio Gold Match 6 in. in 45acp. But can't find any 50yd accuracy claims or tests. And last time I asked about it here I got the "buy a 1911" response.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe L 6/7/2019, 9:32 pm

I've had excellent results with both a 75B with the CGW 10x bushing and with two P-09's.  The CZs are phenomenal handguns, especially the late model guns where the machining tolerances are held pretty darn tight.  My 75B came with a sloppy barrel bushing, and that was fixed with the CGW bushing.  The lockup on the  chamber end of the barrel is very good for both designs.  I've shot many groups less than 1-1/2" at 50 yards from a wrist rest with both pistols.  I've shot sub 4" at 100 yards with both on a good day.  That is about as good as my red dot hold and eyesight and trigger finger can do, regardless of how good the pistol is mechanically.  All with Atlanta Arms 115 gr JHP match ammo.  

But I still prefer a .45 caliber CZ-97B"E" for a bullseye gun due to the additional weight and soft recoil compared to the 9's with light bullets.  But accuracy isn't an issue with the CZ 9mm pistols.  There are more videos in the link below than most people want to watch, featuring the CZ pistols at 100 and 200 yards from a rest. 

100-200 yard CZ videos

I also recently installed a Kart barrel and bushing in what was previously a very loose 1911 and have enjoyed shooting it also, but I don't have a red dot on it yet, so won't be comparing it to the CZ plastic guns any time soon. 

I'm kind of a CZ fanboy, I suppose.  I shoot a 75B with a Kadet .22 conversion in rimfire and prefer it to a Ruger 22/45.  I've shot 4" barrel P-07 in our small local bullseye matches with good results, and I am currently experimenting with a P-10F 4-1/2" barrel striker fired 9mm CZ with a red dot for bullseye matches.  It is NOT an ideal bullseye gun, that's for sure, due to the trigger.  The polymer hammer fired guns are fine if you like small holes and light weight and can be match ready with a dovetail mounted red dot and a CGW hammer and some good ammo.  I do not like the polymer gun's grip shape at all from the factory but that can be fixed with some Sugru and JB-Weld.  I love the grip shape of the CZ 75B and 97B"E" steel guns but they have to have the aftermarket bushings to shoot good groups at 50 yards. 

Joe

Joe L

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 6/8/2019, 10:20 am

zanemoseley wrote:The CGW 10x bushing looks pretty nice, also $60 sounds a lot better than the $350 accu bushing from CZ custom.

It is, definitely. I have the Cajun Gun Works bushing in my CZ75B SA and it tightened the gun up perfectly. One caveat though - it does require some fitting due to the tight tolerance. In mine, it installed easily in the slide, but the barrel would not get "around the corner" when reassembling after a takedown. Extremely minimal sandpapering and polishing at the very end of the barrel was required to ease the upper front edge. After that, it is truly zero-play and zero issue.

One thing to note about the CZ is that the trigger reset is relatively long, and it's very hard to tune out. There are some aftermarket solutions but they're mostly about taking the DA model down the the SA's reset, which is still very long by my standards. It isn't a big deal, but it does take some getting used to.

And, the Kadet .22 adapter is also a great option but does suffer from light strikes. In mine, it was as bad as one round out of ten. Recocking would pretty much always succeed, and some fiddling with the hammer improved that. I may take the mainspring up a pound or two, finally.

Bottom line, the CZ75 is a great gun and especially great for the money. I don't have an opinion on the P09 except to note that it is ... polymer.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down