Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwegian Ransom Rest

3 posters

Go down

Norwegian Ransom Rest Empty Norwegian Ransom Rest

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 am

There is a clip on YouTube (from 2016) in which two guys test three brands of 22 target ammo with a Pardini SP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-_pxtRVdbg
They've had 19,657 views. It is a bit tedious, but easy to skip through to the bits of interest. I had not thought about just firing 4 shots from the first magazine, then change mag, then proceed with 6 - clever.

I realise that their "Norwegian Ransom Rest" works OK with the Pardini because they can clamp the barrel shroud. Not quite so easy with a 1911. And, I'm not very willing to clamp my ~$3,000 gun in a vise. BUT - they seem to have got quite representative results and it is certainly a quick and easy way to create a fixed rest.

What say the experts?

Norwegian Ransom Rest Norweg14
Norwegian Ransom Rest Norweg13
Norwegian Ransom Rest Norweg15

Back to top Go down

Norwegian Ransom Rest Empty Re: Norwegian Ransom Rest

Post by SteveT Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:31 pm

IMO... It works because it is low power 22LR and they are clamping in line with the barrel, so the recoil is all inline.

It won't work for a 1911 because it's usually higher power and you can't clamp inline, so there will be a torque. You can probably tighten the vise enough to overcome most or all of this, but I'm not going to loan you my gun to try it on.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:55 pm

DAVID SAMS USED TO SELL AN ATTACHMENT FOR THE RANSOM REST. IT REPLACED THE GRIP INSERTS. IT'S PURPOSE WAS TO GRASP GUNS BY THE BARREL. GREAT FOR REVOLVERS AND MANY 22's. SOME OF THE BEST MONEY I'VE  EVER SPENT. JP

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:00 pm

He still makes it last I looked
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down