New RRA Bullseye Wadcutter. Break in???

Go down

New RRA Bullseye Wadcutter.  Break in???  Empty New RRA Bullseye Wadcutter. Break in???

Post by Laminarman on 6/27/2019, 5:37 pm

After 15 long months received my Rock River wadcutter with sight rail.  There are no instructions whatsoever about breaking the gun in.  I'm going to assume only wadcutters should go through it, as I intend.  I have an STI Trojan with Brazos work on the trigger and his instructions to me were, "Shoot the hell out of it for 500-1000 rounds then it's ready to go."  Not so sure that's very scientific and applies to this gun.   I can get factory ammo, but can also load myself.  They recommend the Federal 185g FMJ wadcutter Federal Competition Gold ammo to guarantee 1.5" accuracy at 50 yards.  What I have on hand is 200g LSWC (about a bajillion bullets) and BE and WST (my go to powder).  I don't know if I should order some 185g bullets, but having trouble finding FMJ SWC, so may go lead.  I will post photos if anyone is interested. ANY advice is appreciated.

Laminarman

Back to top Go down

New RRA Bullseye Wadcutter.  Break in???  Empty Re: New RRA Bullseye Wadcutter. Break in???

Post by Wobbley on 6/27/2019, 5:56 pm

Because of availability and that they are more accurate, most use 185 JHP. You can get bulk 185 JHP from https://www.rozedist.com/ and http://www.magnusbullets.com/ Either bullet will work. Load them to 775 fps with either BE or WST. Great long line load.
Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

New RRA Bullseye Wadcutter.  Break in???  Empty Re: New RRA Bullseye Wadcutter. Break in???

Post by JIMPGOV on 6/27/2019, 7:50 pm

WST IS JUST FINE. 4.3GR WITH THE LEAD BULLETS, 4.6GR WITH THE JACKETED.

NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT BREAK IN. JP

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 6/27/2019, 8:22 pm

Load up your gazillion 200 from lead with 4.0 WST and shoot x’s long and short line.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum