WTB: SW 22 Victory or Ruger |V

Go down

WTB:  SW 22 Victory or Ruger |V Empty WTB: SW 22 Victory or Ruger |V

Post by mopar_4life on 7/15/2019, 6:34 pm

Hello all,

I’m wanting to get into the sport of 22 pistol. I am looking at the SW 22 Victory. I know that they are not that expensive new but it never hurts to look in the used market and see if anyone has one hanging out in a safe not being used. I’m located in Missouri if you don’t want to ship. Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks

Eric

Last edited by mopar_4life on 7/15/2019, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

mopar_4life

Back to top Go down

WTB:  SW 22 Victory or Ruger |V Empty Re: WTB: SW 22 Victory or Ruger |V

Post by Dcforman on 7/15/2019, 7:04 pm

Hey Eric!

I don't have a horse in this race, but you may want to look to the Browning Buckmark or Ruger Mark IV. Both have a significantly larger aftermarket for parts related to Bullseye. I'm sure others will chime in.

Welcome!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett on 7/15/2019, 7:24 pm

I agree with Dave.  You can take a Ruger Mark IV add some Volquartsen parts and go all the way to Master.  The Victory has way to many plastic parts for me, at least the first ones I saw so I stopped looking at them.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by mopar_4life on 7/15/2019, 7:58 pm

Alright, I’ll look into that also.

mopar_4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Centerline on 7/15/2019, 9:24 pm

I started with a Victory last year and am shooting just a few points shy of Master with it.  Look for them on sale, it's a worthwhile pistol.  The Mark IVs with upgraded triggers are also very nice but don't discount the Victory if you like it.

Centerline

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH on 7/16/2019, 9:52 am

I have owned both the S&W Victory and a Ruger Mark IV. The Victory is an excellent pistol to start with and the factory barrel shoots extremely tight groups. Buy the target model here:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/102139/sw+sw22+victory+target+22lr+55+bull+ss+10rd and no upgrades required. At most, down the road add an inexpensive Tandemkross trigger, if you don't like the factory one for some reason. Its comes with target open sights and an optic rail.
The Ruger Mark IV is a great pistol as well, but typically always requires a trigger upgrade of some sort. Also need to buy an additional optic rail if you want to mount a scope of any sort 
Look at the total price point for both guns set up the way way you want it, shoot both if you can and then make a decision. You won't go wrong with either one.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner on 7/16/2019, 11:23 am

I have a Victory as well, one of my initial pistols as I was getting into the sport.  Spent way too much money trying to make it better. TANDEMKROSS trigger, etc (Jon E did the work). Big mistake, at least for me. I think it is too light (for bullseye), with poor ergonamics (grip in particular). Limited accessories. I posted a thread a couple years ago on it on this site. 

If you plan to shoot bullseye, start with a bullseye pistol? Model 41 or High Std are both great guns with excellent triggers and excellent balance, with lots of available extras particular to bullseye.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast on 7/16/2019, 1:26 pm

I have a Victory. Liked it and progressed quite well with it.
If I started over, I'd go with the Mark IV.
Can stick with it and make it into a real fancy shooter with Nills or Rink grips. Grips on Victory I now know are too small for me.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on 7/18/2019, 8:04 am

Pm sent...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down