Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Pardini style pistols legal for EIC

+4
dronning
cdrt
CR10X
James Hensler
8 posters

Go down

Are Pardini style pistols legal for EIC Empty Are Pardini style pistols legal for EIC

Post by James Hensler Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:10 pm

My head is spinning like a top!
I didn’t stay to shoot the CMP matches at Perry is because I shoot a Pardini and I thought it was NOT allowed! Is this right?
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Are Pardini style pistols legal for EIC Empty Re: Are Pardini style pistols legal for EIC

Post by CR10X Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Check out the CMP rule book.  Pretty much anything capable of firing 5 shots in 10 seconds with the right trigger weight and open sights.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Are Pardini style pistols legal for EIC Empty Re: Are Pardini style pistols legal for EIC

Post by James Hensler Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 pm

I did that’s why my head is spinning! Hard to follow for an old guy like me and I was in the Corps so can’t be that smart
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:24 pm

If you are talking Service Pistol EIC, they are not on the list.

For .22 EIC, these are the current rules:
4.1.6 22 Rimfire Pistol
Pistols that comply with this rule may be used in CMP-Sanctioned 22 Rimfire Pistol Matches. The following rules apply to 22 Rimfire Pistols:
a) The pistol may be either a semi-automatic pistol or a revolver.
b) The pistol must be chambered for .22 cal. rimfire long rifle cartridges.
c) The pistol may have asymmetrical, orthopedic or specially shaped grips.
d) The pistol may have only open sights. Optical sights are not permitted. The rear sight may be adjustable, but must have an open “U” or rectangular notch. Adjustable front sights are permitted, but extended front sights are not permitted. The total sight radius may not be more than 10.0 inches as measured from the rear surface of the rear sight to the highest point of the front sight.
e) The pistol must have a trigger pull of at least 2.0 pounds.
f) Any system of recoil control based on a compensator, barrel venting, barrel porting or other recoil reduction system operating in a similar manner is prohibited.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:28 pm

That’s what I thought
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:36 pm

I was hoping it was as simple as remove the dot and shoot some CMP matches but I guess it’s not
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:56 pm

James Hensler wrote:I was hoping it was as simple as remove the dot and shoot some CMP matches but I guess it’s not
For 22 EIC they are perfectly legal, I've shot mine in a 22 EIC.  The weighted recoil reduction on the Pardini is OK because it is not "gas" operated.  

For service pistol 9MM minimum and they must be on the list, the Pardini isn't.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:08 pm

I totally understand service pistol but not the EIC
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:34 pm

If you’re shooting a Pardini SP in .22 EIC, it’s pretty much take off the dot and you’re ready to go. Just remember the arm is supposed to be off the bench at a 45 degree angle till the targets turn, *not* raised and aiming at the target waiting for them to turn.  Though truth be told, I’ve never actually seen this enforced at a match and have seen virtually the whole firing line ignore it. 

Service Pistol EIC is much more restrictive.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Great because I want to start shooting more matches when I show up at a match if that makes sense
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:02 pm

mpolans wrote:If you’re shooting a Pardini SP in .22 EIC, it’s pretty much take off the dot and you’re ready to go. Just remember the arm is supposed to be off the bench at a 45 degree angle till the targets turn, *not* raised and aiming at the target waiting for them to turn.  Though truth be told, I’ve never actually seen this enforced at a match and have seen virtually the whole firing line ignore it. 

Service Pistol EIC is much more restrictive.

RSO's at PERRY get hardon's when the lift isn't used!!!   lol!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:39 pm

There is a five point penalty for every time you do not start at the ready position for TF and RF.  We have enforced it at all the matches  I have been to, since the rule change from just warning the competitor.
cdrt
cdrt

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Pardini .22 with open sights and a trigger that makes weight is legal for .22 EIC.

There are no Pardinis legal for Service Pistol EIC.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:22 pm

The Pardini SP is legal for the CMP .22lr Rimfire Pistol EIC match granted that it meets all the rules required. I legged out with mine.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down