Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sight options

5 posters

Go down

Sight options Empty Sight options

Post by inthebeech 8/2/2019, 10:57 am

Anyone know of an Accuracy-X "like" system where you can screw down any one of a number of adapter plates to your slide - one might have a short rail while another might have an adjustable sight, and another could have the machinings for mounting a Deltapoint?  Right now Accuracy X will only build you an entire slide but not provide the machining dimensions or even do it to your slide.
My current plan for a new service/wad gun is to drift out the rear sight and drift in an EGW mount which is machined on top for my Deltapoint (He makes them to mount just about anything except an H1).  I am doing exactly this with my Gold Cup and the EGW mount is rock solid, regardless how many times I drift it in and out of the existing dovetail, but something more easily swapped out is preferred.  I can't use a Rock River rail with integral sights since it would not be legal for EIC matches.
I guess I could also have the gun built with a frame that has an accessory rail and use one of those mounts that clamps here and gives you a weaver rail overtop the slide but the accessory rail might not be EIC legal either.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Sight options Empty Re: Sight options

Post by javaduke 8/2/2019, 11:49 am

I've heard some bad things about the AccuracyX sight system (from a reputable and respected source, so it's a bit more than just rumors). One option would be to fit another slide with irons to the same frame.

javaduke

https://bullseyepistolblog.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 8/2/2019, 3:39 pm

Another slide !!!!
Brilliant !!!
Thank you so much Duke.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 8/2/2019, 4:53 pm

I suppose you're sarcastic Smile But in all seriousness, I really doubt the AccuracyX system works as advertised.

javaduke

https://bullseyepistolblog.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/2/2019, 6:18 pm

javaduke wrote:I suppose you're sarcastic Smile But in all seriousness, I really doubt the AccuracyX system works as advertised.
I’m, no issues at all! Both the iron base and rib lock into place repeatedly without POI deviation. 

Where are you hearing this??
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 8/2/2019, 6:45 pm

I have an Accuracy X with the multi-sight feature. It's my wad gun and my service pistol. As Jim said, the changeover is perfect. Zero stays the same. When you put the sight option in place, with the locking lug, it doesn't move at all, no wiggle. And that's before you screw it in place.

If you decide a 2nd slide is your solution, terrific. If you're considering the Accuracy X solution, feel free to ask more questions. I'd be happy to send pictures if you like.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/2/2019, 7:36 pm

javaduke wrote:I suppose you're sarcastic Smile But in all seriousness, I really doubt the AccuracyX system works as advertised.
Steve Huff will gladly discuss this with you.

Jim
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 8/4/2019, 4:32 am

If I am going to go with two slides I don't need the Accuracy X option on the second slide.  The fact that they will not machine MY slide is the REASON why I am driven to get another slide in the first place; I certainly don't intend to reward their policy by giving THEM my business.  I'll have my gun builder make the extra slide.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 8/4/2019, 5:35 am

I had the same problem at a local steakhouse, wouldn’t cook the steak I brought. 😲
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 8/4/2019, 8:44 am

javaduke wrote:I've heard some bad things about the AccuracyX sight system (from a reputable and respected source, so it's a bit more than just rumors).
Sorry to hear your acquaintance is having an issue(s) with their Accuracy X multi-sight design.  I have two AXI and the few issues I had with the multi-sight, were resolved after talking with Steve.  And after the dust settled, the root cause of all the issues were ‘user error’, not the sight system.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down