WTS - SOLD - Used Marvel Conversion Barrel

Go down

WTS - SOLD - Used Marvel Conversion Barrel Empty WTS - SOLD - Used Marvel Conversion Barrel

Post by mbmshooter on 8/4/2019, 5:56 pm

While at Camp Perry I visited Travis to say hi and to look at the Marvel conversions.  I saw that he had available a new barrel
with a ten-shot 50yd test target of 0.276".  That was even better than the 0.335" barrel I had in my Marvel.  So, even though I had no
intention of spending that much, I bought it and had Travis install it.
In retrospect, I probably should just have bought a new Marvel unit and had Travis install it in that new unit so I could two Marvels. 
However, I didn't do that.
I now have an extra barrel I don't need.  If you think you might be interested in a used 0.335" Marvel barrel, let me know.  If
you have been checking the Marvel Precision website, you will see the "upcharge" for premium barrels.  You will also notice there
is nothing noted for barrels under 0.300"  I paid quite a bit for my new one as you might expect.
If you are interested, let me know and make me an offer.  This is for the barrel ONLY!

Mike

I had to re-post this message because the attached photo did not come though.  Let's hope this works.

Last edited by mbmshooter on 8/5/2019, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

WTS - SOLD - Used Marvel Conversion Barrel Empty Re: WTS - SOLD - Used Marvel Conversion Barrel

Post by Jon Eulette on 8/4/2019, 8:02 pm

What's the price on the barrel? Do you know what Barrel Blank he is using?
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

WTS - SOLD - Used Marvel Conversion Barrel Empty Re: WTS - SOLD - Used Marvel Conversion Barrel

Post by SW-52 on 8/4/2019, 8:08 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:What's the price on the barrel? Do you know what Barrel Blank he is using?
Jon
[size=48]    [/size][size=30]Pricing for a standard barrel is $140[/size]
[size=30].699-.6" add $50[/size]
[size=30].599-.5" add $100[/size]
[size=30].499-.4" add $150[/size]
[size=30].399-.3" add $200[/size]
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 8/4/2019, 8:13 pm

Jon,

I bought this Marvel in 2001 when they were still using the Shillen barrels.  That may be a factor in the much better than average
shot group.  

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 8/4/2019, 8:16 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:What's the price on the barrel? Do you know what Barrel Blank he is using?
Jon
The new barrel I purchased cost $190 plus a $240 upcharge for a total of $430 plus labor to install.  This is a used barrel
so I don't expect to receive that much.

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA on 8/4/2019, 8:34 pm

mbmshooter wrote:
I bought this Marvel in 2001 when they were still using the Shillen barrels.  
 So the barrel being sold is 18 years old?

DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 8/4/2019, 8:47 pm

DA/SA wrote:
mbmshooter wrote:
I bought this Marvel in 2001 when they were still using the Shillen barrels.  
 So the barrel being sold is 18 years old?
That is correct.

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on 8/5/2019, 10:53 am

Is there any chamber damage from the curved extractor?

I also have a 2001 model, that I started shooting 2 years ago. It shows no damage yet.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum