Wtb (or borrow) inexpensive aimpoint mount

Go down

Wtb (or borrow) inexpensive aimpoint mount Empty Wtb (or borrow) inexpensive aimpoint mount

Post by 10sandxs on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:28 am

I'm looking for an inexpensive h1 weaver/picitinny rail mount. Mine is frame mounted, but I want to experiment but have no rail "adaptor".  Will be mounted on a 22 for the experiments.

Thanks in advance.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Wtb (or borrow) inexpensive aimpoint mount Empty Re: Wtb (or borrow) inexpensive aimpoint mount

Post by JKR on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:39 am

Rob,
Not sure what you’re asking for here. I have some Clark 1911 rails if that will work for you.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Wtb (or borrow) inexpensive aimpoint mount Empty Re: Wtb (or borrow) inexpensive aimpoint mount

Post by JKR on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am

Oh. Now I get it. You’re looking for the part that attaches to the scope.
Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:53 am

JKR wrote:Oh. Now I get it. You’re looking for the part that attaches to the scope.
Jim
Yes, the base that attaches to the bottom of the scope. Sorry for the ambiguity.

rob

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by twl on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi, while we are at it, anyone have a custom Sams wad gun that I can borrow .. sorry could not resist  Smile Smile Smile
twl
twl

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Rob I've got 2 of the Primary Arms MD-ADS clone of the Aimpoint and I use the Kodiak bases made for Aimpoints. I probably still have a couple of the PA stock bases that will likely fit your Aimpoint just fine if you want one, just pay shipping.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:08 am

That Sounds like a Deal Zane.  I'll PM you to swap info.

thanks much!

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:11 am

zanemoseley wrote:Rob I've got 2 of the Primary Arms MD-ADS clone of the Aimpoint and I use the Kodiak bases made for Aimpoints.....
Curious, I never heard of the Primary Arms sights - just looked, and they look very similar to Aimpoint.  If you've used both, how do they compare?

I bought an H-1, complete with base, put it on a wad gun, and the locking screw kept loosening.  Jon suggested the Kodiak, so I bought that - problem solved.  I wanted another Aimpoint for my 22, and bought an H-2 without mount, then put my leftover mount on the H-2.  Works fine.   Anyway, getting to the point, how would you compare the Aimpoint to the Primary Arms?  It's a big difference in cost - what, if anything, makes the Aimpoint preferable?

Earlier this morning, I started searching for the mount Rob needs - found this:  https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-micro-h1-mount-weaver-picatinny/  - but you've already solved his question.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:22 am

Well I have (3) Aimpoint 9000SC's and (3) of the PA MD-ADS. They are both very nice. I don't however have a Aimpoint micro to compare side by size. So far I've used the PA dots on my 22's and a 32. So far I've been very pleased, the dot itself is nice. If you read the reviews on Primary Arms site, Amazon and Optics Planet they get really good reviews especially for the money.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 am

Hmm, if they both were available for the same price, might either one have an advantage over the other?  That's sort of what I'm trying to find out, but the best way I guess is to buy a Primary Arms sight and find out for myself.

I have an Aimpoint 9000sc, and but for the weight, it would be may favorite sight.  I love the huge view, and the perfect red dot, and the feeling of "quality".  I didn't like the stock mounts, but people here have suggested better mounts (which are also heavier though....).
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum