WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base

Go down

WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base Empty WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base

Post by TonyH on 8/9/2019, 2:10 pm

This is probably a long shot, but here goes anyway....anyone have a Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base that you are willing to part with? I acquired the RR recently and wanted to check here before I bought or built one.
WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base Ransom10
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base Empty Re: WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base

Post by TonyH on 8/12/2019, 2:29 pm

Anyone? No one? Laughing
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base Empty Re: WTB : Ransom Rest Master Series Windage Base

Post by PhotoEscape on 8/12/2019, 2:43 pm

Tony,  Is picture representative of your RR?  Looks as it has part you are looking for, unless this is what you are after. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ransom-Master-Series-Rest-Grip-Inserts-for-1911-S-W-41-and-Ruger-MK-II/264425685966?hash=item3d90ffc3ce:g:YsgAAOSweXddTadI

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH on 8/12/2019, 7:19 pm

AP,
The picture in my post is the part I am looking for. It has two pieces, the bottom part screws to a wood or metal base for mounting on a shooting bench, the top part attaches to the RR itself and then the entire unit is held to the base with the 3 football knobs.
The unit on eBay looks like a Combo RR and not a Master Series as listed. On the combo unit the top part of the windage base is integral with the RR itself (cast as one). Thanks for the link though!
Tony
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 8/12/2019, 8:12 pm

If the one on ebay sells for under $200, Tony will  affraid
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH on 8/12/2019, 8:32 pm

I’ll bid on it now just to get the price up....so I don’t affraid!!
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 8/12/2019, 9:58 pm

Tony,
I think your best bet would be to contact OEM, - it is about $275 for base shipped.  However base on my own experience with mine, windage base is pretty useless due to very limited range of adjustments, and the fact it introduces another area for potential variables.  Ideally would be to have RR rigidly mounted to a steel plate, which in turn rigidly mounts (I mean at least four points of attachment to anchored bolts) to about 800 lbs concrete pedestal.  One can easily move target so ammo can be tested for grouping.  I don't argue the benefit of RR with windage base, however IMHO one from eBay is as good as a Master RR.  I use mine for load development quite a bit.  However when I need a true up, I'm asking for a help.  That's just my 2 cents.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH on 8/13/2019, 5:52 am

AP,
Midway has the base for $245 w/free shipping right now. I was just checking to see if anyone had one laying around, even though it was a long shot. I am not sure why RR even makes the two models, as I think the Combo version does exactly the same thing and probably removes the variability to some degree. The one I have in my possession just happens to be a Master Series, hence I was looking for a base. I plan to use it as is, and if I happen upon a base in the future I'll pick one up, otherwise what I have will suffice.
Tony
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum