Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

Go down

Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Empty Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

Post by ted.carter.568 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 pm

Bullseye friends,

It was good seeing many of you at Camp Perry, a special place with special memories.

To those who have signed my 2020 Petition for Nomination to the NRA Board of Directors…THANK YOU.  And to those who have been helping get NRA member signatures, a very special THANK YOU. 

To the many of you who don’t know me:

I've served on the NRA Board of Directors for the past eight years.  I was originally asked to serve because of my competitive shooting background and the need to get more competitive shooters on the NRA Board.  We know the challenges of keeping NRA focused on our competitive shooting sports.

Given the work that continues to be needed, and my continued strong commitment to our members, and our shooting programs, I am running for reelection to the NRA Board in 2020. 

There are two ways to be on the ballot for the 2020 NRA Board elections.  One way is to be nominated by the NRA's Nominating Committee, and the other is by Petition of Nomination by NRA members. In order to receive a nomination by petition of the members, I will need to obtain over 700 valid member signatures, something I can't do without a lot of help.

My first Camp Perry was in 1979 as a Midshipman at the US Naval Academy.  I’ve been shooting Bullseye ever since, along with International Pistol, a little High Power rifle and have even shot a couple of 3-Gun matches.  I’m a certified NRA Coach, Instructor and RSO.  Together with my wife, Sue, who is also a Bullseye shooter, we run matches in Florida, are officers in Florida’s state association and we teach new shooters.

The attached information sheet gives a more complete description of my involvement in the shooting sports for the past 40 years.   

While many great folks have helped get signatures for my petition, I’m still a bit short.  If nominating a person who is dedicated to our sport, who will work to improve NRA’s support for it and our shooters, is important to you, I’m ready to keep going.  But I need help to get the last signatures needed for nomination.

I have until October 8th to collect all required signatures (originals, not copies) and get them to NRA for validating.  An individual can only sign once.  If an individual does not know his/her NRA number, I can get that from NRA membership, assuming all their information is legible.   

Attached is a copy of a petition for nomination sheet.  If you can get NRA members in your area, at your club or match to sign the petition and then mail it back to me at the address below, it will help a lot.

Thanks very much for your time, and perhaps your willingness to help get some member signatures, it's very much needed and very much appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Thank you,

Ted

Ted Carter
cdrcoach@reagan.com
Mailing Address for petitions:
4412 Hood Road
Jacksonville, FL  32257
Attachments
Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Attachment
2020 Signature Petition for NRA Board Nomination_T Carter.pdf Sheet for NRA member signaturesYou don't have permission to download attachments.(436 Kb) Downloaded 29 times
Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Attachment
T Carter_Personal Information for NRA BoD Nomination.pdf Information sheet for Ted CarterYou don't have permission to download attachments.(226 Kb) Downloaded 15 times

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Empty Re: Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

Post by john bickar on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:49 am

Ted,

From what I've seen here and on Facebook, you have been quite transparent about the mysterious inner workings of the NRA, especially as they pertain to bullseye pistol. I also have seen from you a very level head and a willingness to work "within the system" to give the NRA the opportunity to do right by bullseye pistol.

You have my signature. I'll do my best to get others in my area to sign as well.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors Empty Re: Nomination for Ted Carter for the NRA Board of Directors

Post by Dockokol on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 am

It has been my pleasure to shoot with Ted for several years; and I serve on the board of the Florida Shooting Sports Association with him.  I can recommend Ted without reservation.  Please take a moment, send in the nomination form and keep our representation and our voice strong on the NRA board.
Doc Kokol
Tallahassee, FL

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:03 am

john bickar wrote:Ted,

From what I've seen here and on Facebook, you have been quite transparent about the mysterious inner workings of the NRA, especially as they pertain to bullseye pistol. I also have seen from you a very level head and a willingness to work "within the system" to give the NRA the opportunity to do right by bullseye pistol.

You have my signature. I'll do my best to get others in my area to sign as well.
John,

Thanks very much for the kind words, and the support.  40 years ago, as a collegiate shooter, I was grateful and inspired by the NRA and it's support for the Natl Pistol Champs and it's collegiate shooting programs.  While I'm still shooting, my X count has not gone up in the past few years, it's my time to give back to the organization and its competitive shooting programs...and to my competitive shooting "family".  As a group, we've supported the NRA through some pretty tough times; we demonstrate our loyalty to our shooting passion and our Second Amendment rights.  We've all seen a decline in NRA focus and support for our shooting sports and shooters.  While I accept that some things change, and some things are out of NRA's control, the commitment by NRA to its competitive shooting programs and its loyal base of shooters, should not erode.  I'll continue to bring attention to NRA leadership about issues; from 2019 Regional competitor pins (that are still "on order"), to national records that still need to be recorded, to DR records that need updating, to Sectional awards and protests, and to the valid concerns and questions associated with the NRA National Championships move to Camp Atterbury.  I'll keep our community informed of what information I receive.  While I'll gladly accept all my responsibilities as a NRA Board member, my focus of effort will continue to be on our competitive shooting sports...and most importantly with the many many shooters that train and compete, and make lifelong bonds of friendship.

During one of my military assignments, a General once told a group of us, "If it wasn't challenging, it wouldn't be fun".  So, given current conditions surrounding the NRA, I must be having a lot of "fun", and I'm up for more.

Appreciate your help and I look forward to the opportunity to continue to serve.

Ted

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 am

Ted helped me shine light on an improper interpretation of NRA's own precision pistol rule book.  It was the input needed to get a DR leg (rightfully) awarded.

Petition signed and will seek out others to help ensure the best possible contestant gets the position.

Last edited by adminbot1911 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For clarity)
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum