Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye

+6
James Hensler
tray999
zanemoseley
Lightfoot
gregbenner
ssauer2004
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye Empty Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye

Post by ssauer2004 8/22/2019, 6:11 pm

I'm thinking about switching from my Walther GSP (90's) to a Pardini Bullseye.  I shoot in a 50' indoor bullseye league and generally can produce high 260's to mid 270's scores.  While I enjoy the Walther, I find it two be slightly nose-heavy and a little too much recoil.  I do like the fact that it eats any ammo.  I'm looking for opinions from shooters who have made the jump from these pistols.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye Empty Re: Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye

Post by gregbenner 8/22/2019, 9:02 pm

I have both, in 22 and 32, and love noth. I agree the GSP is a bit heavy, I like the Pardini better for that reason. 

The GSP has a more upright grip angle that the Pardini (maybe 118 degree angle v 125 or so...90 degrees being vertical). I didn’t like that at first, but have since purchased several other pistols with the more raked grip angle and have found I now prefer it.

I have found both to be very reliable and,not ammo sensitive, I shoot CCI-SV mostly, but have tried several others.

The Pardini is easier to field strip and clean, and excellent service (parts and advice) from Pardini USA.

There’s one for sale on this forum for a pretty good price(NFI).

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/23/2019, 8:37 am

I don't think I've ever seen one at my local matches.  I would like to shoot one prior to purchase, but I'm not sure that's going to be in the cards though.  My concern with the Walther, is that it is no longer in production and once Earl finally retires, the parts market and knowledge will dry up.  I know they have been around forever, but that time will come unforutunately.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot 8/23/2019, 8:59 am

ssauer2004 wrote:I don't think I've ever seen one at my local matches.  I would like to shoot one prior to purchase, but I'm not sure that's going to be in the cards though.  My concern with the Walther, is that it is no longer in production and once Earl finally retires, the parts market and knowledge will dry up.  I know they have been around forever, but that time will come unforutunately.

I haven't heard that Walther ceased making the GSP.  Is that correct?  Also I have to say that field stripping a GSP has to be the easiest of any pistol ever made.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 8/23/2019, 9:32 am

Never heard anything about the GSP being discontinued. Keep in mind there are older GSP models and newer Expert models. Lots of  the parts are interchangeable.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/23/2019, 9:37 am

http://www.carlwalther.com/gsp.htm

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx?p=categoryBody&c=FITPWA

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/23/2019, 9:58 am

Lightfoot wrote:
ssauer2004 wrote:I don't think I've ever seen one at my local matches.  I would like to shoot one prior to purchase, but I'm not sure that's going to be in the cards though.  My concern with the Walther, is that it is no longer in production and once Earl finally retires, the parts market and knowledge will dry up.  I know they have been around forever, but that time will come unforutunately.

I haven't heard that Walther ceased making the GSP.  Is that correct?  Also I have to say that field stripping a GSP has to be the easiest of any pistol ever made.
I was reffering to the older GSP Model as compared to the Expert model currently in production.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/23/2019, 10:11 am

I recently made the same switch. I am beginning to see improving scores with the Pardini's, but it has taken a while, mainly because of frustration with the Pardini triggers - they are complicated! Another shooter in the Oregon group (thank you Chris) who has shot Pardini's for many years worked his magic on mine during the lunch break at our last shoot and things are now much better. I did not care for the standard Pardini grips and have now fitted Rink's - much better - but that is a purely personal choice.

I'm probably not skilled enough to see a big difference between the 22's. I am convinced that the 32ACP has an advantage over the 32SWL at 50 yards, but both are very tricky to reload, and both have their own peculiar foibles.

The big advantage with the GSP's is that they are rock solid reliable, exceptionally easy to strip and clean, very easy to adjust. Earl's service is excellent - but I do take the point that he is not immortal.

At 25yds, both the 22 and the 32 GSP's are very accurate and can produce excellent scores. IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/23/2019, 11:43 am

radjag wrote:I recently made the same switch. I am beginning to see improving scores with the Pardini's, but it has taken a while, mainly because of frustration with the Pardini triggers - they are complicated! Another shooter in the Oregon group (thank you Chris) who has shot Pardini's for many years worked his magic on mine during the lunch break at our last shoot and things are now much better. I did not care for the standard Pardini grips and have now fitted Rink's - much better - but that is a purely personal choice.

I'm probably not skilled enough to see a big difference between the 22's. I am convinced that the 32ACP has an advantage over the 32SWL at 50 yards, but both are very tricky to reload, and both have their own peculiar foibles.

The big advantage with the GSP's is that they are rock solid reliable, exceptionally easy to strip and clean, very easy to adjust. Earl's service is excellent - but I do take the point that he is not immortal.

At 25yds, both the 22 and the 32 GSP's are very accurate and can produce excellent scores. IMHO.

Which gun do you feel is heavier and what's the difference in recoil in regards the to .22's.?
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by tray999 8/23/2019, 6:39 pm

I have both and shoot both.   If I could only have one 22 pistol it would be the Pardini..... But I have liking the Matchgun2 EVO a lot here lately......Laughing
tray999
tray999

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/24/2019, 10:04 am

tray999 wrote:I have both and shoot both.   If I could only have one 22 pistol it would be the Pardini..... But I have liking the Matchgun2 EVO a lot here lately......Laughing
What are pros and cons comparing each gun (Walther and Pardini)?
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/26/2019, 12:56 pm

Are you planning on shooting 22 only with these, or do you plan to shoot center fire as well (with a conversion)?

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/26/2019, 1:19 pm

Just.22
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/26/2019, 4:21 pm

Weighed both mine today, both with Rink grips, and FF3 dot sights.  My Pardini has all of the removable barrel weights in the front shroud, don’t know what they weigh.  41.6oz Pardini, 45.3 GSP Expert.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/29/2019, 9:56 am

I think I'm going to purchase a 5" bullseye version of the Pardini pistol.  I'm just working out the details with Pardini USA due to the fact that they do not offer a bullseye grip in left handed.  I currently have a Dick Horton grip on my GSP.  What are the advantages to the Bullseye pistol vs. the regular version of the SP?
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/29/2019, 3:32 pm

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye 5df1a010I think you have been given bad info! 
I have a Pardini and I am left handed
They offer a 0 and 7 degree Rink grip in which I have the 7 degree
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/29/2019, 3:51 pm

Pardini includes a bullseye style grip with their SPBE pistols.  They do not offer a left-handed grip on the bullseye pistol.  The bullseye grip with the cupped base, is only right handed.  You can purchase a SPBE pistol with a right or left Pardini SP grip (non-cupped base).  If you want a Rink grip, you would have to purchase the grip in edition to the regular price of the pistol.  

That is from Pardini USA the importer.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/29/2019, 4:01 pm

Karen and Alex must have changed things since May
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/29/2019, 4:09 pm

I guess I did pay extra for the grip. I just checked my receipt! 
5006 bucks damn it still hurts
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 8/29/2019, 4:12 pm

I just sent you a PM....disregard.  The cost is a little painful, but it's probably worth it in the end.  I'm probably going to make the purchase within a few days.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/29/2019, 4:37 pm

Yes just check all the boxes and get your dream gun! That’s what I did. I have a Hammerli 280 in both 22 and 32 but I like the Pardini a lot more.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/29/2019, 6:25 pm

I have the 7 degree Rink grips on my Pardini as well. Thomas is great to work direct with. I’ve tried most of the aftermarket orthopedic grips, and Rink fit best for me.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/29/2019, 6:28 pm

James Hensler wrote:Yes just check all the boxes and get your dream gun! That’s what I did. I have a Hammerli 280 in both 22 and 32 but I like the Pardini a lot more.
I also have both, why do you like the Pardini better? Just curious.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/29/2019, 7:00 pm

2 honest reasons 
At this point in time I have the 32 ACP shooting a lot tighter groups than the 32 S&W long and it’s by a large margin. 
My Hammerli is in perfect condition with no chips or scratches. It was made in 1992 and with Larry’s death I am afraid to break anything
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder 8/30/2019, 9:20 am

The 7-degree vs 0=degree choice on a Rink grip is typically for cross-eye dominant shooters.  The 7-degree version is intended to have the barrel/sights aligned with the opposite eye from the hand holding the pistol.  (i.e. Left eye for right handed shooter; Right eye for a left handed shooter.)  As always, what ever works for you...
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next