SOLD - SOLD - SOLD For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun

Go down

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Empty SOLD - SOLD - SOLD For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun

Post by mbmshooter on 8/29/2019, 3:51 pm

I noticed an older posting in which a member expressed a desire to acquire a Curtis Wad Gun.  I sent a PM to him
but have not received a response.  Therefore, I am making a general posting of my desire to sell my Curtis Wad Gun.

I bought one from Darius (Doc) Young several years ago.  He won the Championship at Camp Perry and this Curtis-built gun
was awarded to him.
Doc sustained an serious injury to his shoulder and gave up Bullseye shooting afterwards.  When I bought the gun
it had HUGE Morini grips on it to fit his HUGE hands.  I immediately sold them.  Doc said he had just shot an 893 with this gun
although I was NOT able to replicate his feat. LOL
Since I bought this Curtis it has been relegated to being a backup.  I have probably shot fewer than 1000 rounds through
it in total.
My skills have been steadily declining while my age continues to march forward.  I've decided to "thin the herd" and am
trying to sell my pistols and rifles so my kids won't have to deal with that burden when I pass.
If you are still interested, I will entertain an offer.  I should mention that both Phil Hemphill and Chuck Larson (Rock River)
were lovingly handling this Curtis last month at Perry and have expressed a great desire to "own a Curtis".

Mike McShea

THANK YOU EVERYBODY WHO EXPRESSED INTEREST IN THIS FINE CURTIS PISTOL.  IT HAS BEEN SOLD TO ONE LUCKY
BULLSEYE-L MEMBER.

Last edited by mbmshooter on 9/24/2019, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Empty Re: SOLD - SOLD - SOLD For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun

Post by Bullseye41 on 8/29/2019, 4:03 pm

Mike how about some pics sent to johnstonrkj at yahoo.com or text to 231-34zero- 13zero1 and what the asking price is ?
Thank you. Rick
Bullseye41
Bullseye41

Back to top Go down

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Empty Re: SOLD - SOLD - SOLD For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun

Post by PhotoEscape on 8/29/2019, 4:14 pm

I'm interested as well. Would appreciate pictures and pricing sent to a.poltorak13@gmail.com.
Thank you,
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 8/29/2019, 5:25 pm

I've tried to post photos previously for something else I was selling.  I was unsuccessful for some reason but will try again with the Curtis photos.

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 8/29/2019, 5:29 pm

Okay.  I've tried THREE times to post photos and am again unable to do so.  I'll probably have to send them directly to anybody who expresses interest.

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye41 on 8/29/2019, 5:54 pm

I’m waiting.
Bullseye41
Bullseye41

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 8/29/2019, 6:10 pm

Rick,

I sent three photos to you and Alex 34 minutes ago.  Alex apparently received them as he has already responded.  I sent them to the email address you posted on this site.

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyJoints on 8/29/2019, 6:34 pm

PM sent.
RustyJoints
RustyJoints

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye41 on 8/29/2019, 6:38 pm

Nothing yet Mike my email johnstonrkj@yahoo.com
Bullseye41
Bullseye41

Back to top Go down

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Empty Posting pictures of Curtis Wad Gun

Post by PhotoEscape on 8/29/2019, 9:18 pm

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19926655/67]SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Curtis10
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Curtis11[/url]
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape on 8/29/2019, 9:19 pm

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Curtis15
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Curtis13
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Curtis14
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans on 8/29/2019, 10:05 pm

Why the chunk taken out of the trigger guard?

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 8/29/2019, 10:53 pm

Doc was 6'-4" ish with big ol' hands. I remember him shooting this Pistol when we shot on USAR pistol team. It was for trigger finger clearance. I recently modded a build for a big guy like him.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 8/30/2019, 2:10 am

Jon,

Thank you for providing that explanation.  Yes, when I asked Doc why he had modified the trigger guard he said his finger would otherwise drag on it and disturb the sights.
When fully depressed the trigger comes up just short of the rear-most part of the opening.  When Phil Hemphill tried it last month (Phil also has very large hands) he really liked the feel.

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz on 8/30/2019, 8:04 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Doc was 6'-4" ish with big ol' hands. I remember him shooting this Pistol when we shot on USAR pistol team. It was for trigger finger clearance. I recently modded a build for a big guy like him.
Jon
I laughed when I saw the picture. The ERMA I bought from Doc has the same chunk out of the trigger guard.

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Blsi2600 on 8/31/2019, 12:20 am

Did you buy the ERMA .32 that had the slide welded?

Blsi2600

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz on 8/31/2019, 4:51 pm

Blsi2600 wrote:Did you buy the ERMA .32 that had the slide welded?
He put a brand new slide on it, but it has the same barrel.

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD  For Sale - Curtis Wad Gun Cimg0511

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum