FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds*

Go down

FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds* Empty FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds*

Post by estuck on 9/5/2019, 7:37 pm

Selling my wife's Walther SSP. Purchased new in 2013 it was used only for a local winter league. Comes with a Matchdot, rings and mount from Champions Choice. 5 magazines, tools, and original box. Has a right hand Rink grip small. I do have a large Rink left hand grip as well. Two weights. Round count is under 5k. *$1500* shipped to your FFL. Photos to follow. Feel free to PM me or call me (517) 673-0515
Ed

Last edited by estuck on 9/14/2019, 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

estuck

Back to top Go down

FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds* Empty Re: FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds*

Post by Ray Dash on 9/5/2019, 7:54 pm

I am interested in some pics. Here in NY we are not allowed to own a pistol that has the  Capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside the pistol grip but looking at the SSP it looks like that is not the case because the magazine drops into the pistol grip. I would like to see how the Matchdot is mounted though.

Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds* Empty Re: FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds*

Post by 1joel1 on 9/6/2019, 5:47 pm

The magazine drops down into the breach from the top, there is no mag well in the grip.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestdentist99 on 9/6/2019, 11:17 pm

That makes it illegal (assault weapon) in the New York

Bestdentist99

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash on 9/7/2019, 5:07 am

Hopefully nothing, in my eyes this one will be legal here.

Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 9/9/2019, 12:33 pm

Bestdentist99 wrote:That makes it illegal (assault weapon) in the New York

I think that for it to be an assault weapon, the magazine is forward of the trigger. At least, that's how CA was thinking about it. The SSP is behind the trigger, but from the top.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 9/9/2019, 1:19 pm

Explain that again??

FS Walther SSP *Price Reduction* *SOLD Pending Funds* F95e5b10
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestdentist99 on 9/9/2019, 1:52 pm

I called the NYS gun laws (state office). According to them any magazine, unless it is inserted into the mag well in the grip, is considered an assault weapon. That includes from the top, a tubular mag like the MG2, or any other format.

Bestdentist99

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot on 9/9/2019, 2:39 pm

Do you spell "New York" stupid with one or two O's?

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestdentist99 on 9/9/2019, 2:51 pm

As many o’s as it takes to get those idiots to understand. Unfortunately, there aren’t enough O’s get through to them. Even Kalifornia understands the difference between an Olympic style sports pistol and an assault weapon.

Bestdentist99

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash on 9/9/2019, 2:59 pm

Yeah we are screwed in NY for sure. My FFL was real iffy on doing the transfer but after he looked at it he thought it would be no problem because technically the mag does not mount outside the pistol grip. I have also talked to 5 or 6 other guys that have purchased these in NY and had no problem transferring them here including on in New York City where an inspector actually comes out and inspects every firearm you buy. They were a little iffy at first but said that it technically met the SAFE act definition and was legal. 

I don't want to mud up estucks sale post here with political NY bs, if it had the right grip and some other options I needed I would have already purchased it from him.

Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by estuck on 9/9/2019, 8:27 pm

Actually this is quite interesting.  Its a high end .22 target pistol that will not accept any magazine with a capacity greater than 5 rounds, and some bureaucrat with no common sense, thinks its an "assault weapon". With reasoning like that, we are all in trouble. RayDash thanks for the interest, and good luck!

estuck

Back to top Go down

Post by 7gibson6 on 9/9/2019, 8:55 pm

could you e-mail pics of the actual gun?

my e-mail is geronimonaz@gmail.com

7gibson6

Back to top Go down

Post by estuck on 9/9/2019, 9:26 pm

On the way.

estuck

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 9/11/2019, 9:56 am

james r chapman wrote:Explain that again??

What do you want me to explain? I guess NY is different and worse than Cali in this respect. The mag is inserted before the trigger so it is legal in Cali, plus it is on the Olympic exemption list. NY should try to get an exemption list as well. 

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar on 9/11/2019, 11:50 pm

A little history of the California Olympic exemption list. It did not come about because California legislators were sensible - far from it. I did not live in CA at the time, but I now benefit from it. Greatly. 

Sandy Santibañez (RIP) worked tirelessly with his legislators to get that exemption into law, because his daughter was on the USAS National Team and the proposed legislation would make her Olympic Sport Pistol illegal, effectively closing her path to the Olympics. I believe that the route for this exemption was that the law, as written, would run afoul of the Ted Stevens Amateur Sports Act of (1978).

Although it is codified in California state law that USA Shooting can certify pistols to be added to the Olympic exempt list, our efforts to do so since Bob Mitchell retired (and multiple rounds of turnover in the CA DOJ, including Kamala Harris) have been met with silence. We have been trying to get Ruger Mark II, III, and IV added to the list, and crickets.

Anyone who knows more about this than I do, please PM me. I have been working with USAS on this to no avail. I live in San Mateo County, so it's not like I can get any of my elected officials to take notice.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 9/12/2019, 4:41 am

1joel1 wrote:

What do you want me to explain? I guess NY is different and worse than Cali in this respect. The mag is inserted

before the trigger so it is legal in Cali, plus it is on the Olympic exemption list. NY should try to get an exemption list as well. 

Joel
Well Joel, I just cannot visualize not find pictures of the loading procedure.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH on 9/12/2019, 7:43 am

Look at this video at about the 1:50 mark for loading and about 2:14 mark for unloading......and I hope your Hungarian is all polished up! Smile
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by estuck on 9/12/2019, 9:00 am

Don't know if I can clarify but I will try. I plan on posting photos when my computer savy buddy can help. This pistol is "different". It is striker fired, so there is no conventional firing pin in the bolt. To load you pull the charging handles back. There is a button on the handles you push to lock the bolt back. This opens the magazine well at the top. This well is behind the trigger, adjusting screws, etc.. It goes down at a slight angle. To load you push the loaded magazine down from the top (similiar to loading an M-1 Garand).
The mag clicks in place, you pull the handles back slightly, release them and chamber the round. The magazines have a "stem" on them that goes down in the well. To release the magazine, you push a button on the side of the grip. This causes the magazine to pop up. You simply pull it out of the well. This pistol is very light, and very accurate. It has a pneumatic recoil compensating system that works quite well. I originally purchased it for myself, but found it too light for my taste. My wife loved it. Hope this helps. Sorry again for no pictures.

estuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash on 9/12/2019, 9:05 am

How does it do with CCI Standard velocity ammo, I have heard mixed results.

Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by estuck on 9/12/2019, 9:13 am

My wife would get occasional fail to feed with CCI. She always shot Eley target, RWS, Wolf,  with no malfunctions at all. Friend of mine shot it several days ago with SKS with no issues. It seems it likes the Euro stuff better.

estuck

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 9/12/2019, 9:26 am

james r chapman wrote:
1joel1 wrote:

What do you want me to explain? I guess NY is different and worse than Cali in this respect. The mag is inserted

before the trigger so it is legal in Cali, plus it is on the Olympic exemption list. NY should try to get an exemption list as well. 

Joel
Hi James,

See above as Tony found a good video showing the procedure. Sorry if I came across pedantic, but I didn't understand what you didn't understand. Smile
The video should clear that up. 

Cheers,

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by estuck on 9/12/2019, 9:31 am

Thanks you guys! Sorry this post got so confusing.

estuck

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover on 9/12/2019, 10:23 am

Sent ya a pm. 😁
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum