Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot"

Go down

Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot" Empty Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot"

Post by joeangi on 9/20/2019, 9:05 am

I have a Bill Davis PPC pistol that has the aristocrat adjustable sight rib on it. I only shoot this gun (model 13), which I love, for 50 yard bullseye. I am thinking of adding a red dot (Ultradot?) to this pistol.

My question, is there any way to adapt this rib to accept a red dot? I know that I could remove it and change to a new Airstocrat revolver sight rib, but would rather not invest $300 for the rib. Any advice would be welcome.

joeangi

Back to top Go down

Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot" Empty Re: Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot"

Post by james r chapman on 9/20/2019, 9:51 am

I’m sure the rib could be milled to accept a weaver or pic mounted red dot.
Isn’t it already brutally heavy though?

If it’s like mine.
Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot" 18741f10
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot" Empty Re: Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot"

Post by DA/SA on 9/20/2019, 10:06 am

I'll take it!  Smile

Oops it's not the classifieds...

DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on 9/20/2019, 11:14 am

Haha! NO NO NO!
DA/SA wrote:I'll take it!  Smile

Oops it's not the classifieds...
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley on 9/20/2019, 12:44 pm

Maybe a relatively straightforward mod would be to modify the rib so it can take two REAR Leopold/Redfield rear rings. Like the base on the left in this picture:

Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot" F4600710

This would require drilling and tapping with counterboring...basic machine work... probably not cheap but straightforward.

Wobbley
Wobbley

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover on 9/20/2019, 12:47 pm

james r chapman wrote:I’m sure the rib could be milled to accept a weaver or pic mounted red dot.
Isn’t it already brutally heavy though?

If it’s like mine.
Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot" 18741f10
I drool every time I see this thing...STOP IT JIM!

Btw, any of you with any bright ideas!  Jim has already agreed to adopt me....
  Lol
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by joeangi on 9/20/2019, 2:03 pm

Thank you for the help.

I love the rib, but would be great if there was a way to have a removable picatinny rail on it as well.
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20062786/5]Modify Bill Davis Aristocrat Sight Rib for "red dot" Davis_12[/url]

joeangi

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits on 9/20/2019, 2:06 pm

joeangi wrote:I have a Bill Davis PPC pistol that has the aristocrat adjustable sight rib on it. I only shoot this gun (model 13), which I love, for 50 yard bullseye. I am thinking of adding a red dot (Ultradot?) to this pistol.

My question, is there any way to adapt this rib to accept a red dot? I know that I could remove it and change to a new Airstocrat revolver sight rib, but would rather not invest $300 for the rib. Any advice would be welcome.

I am not a machinist, but it appears there is enough steel there to do what you want. Ron Powers made such a rib/sight years ago. Good machinists who would tackle something like this, likely do not work cheap.

Try:
Jim Tiritilli 626-339-4045 info@aristocratproducts.com (long shot, but he also could answer the question about his products)
Jon Shue 540-846-0086 jonathaneshue@yahoo.com
Rich Fried 301-253-2789
Warren Moore 913-422-8966
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by ropsahl on 9/20/2019, 3:25 pm

I put a dot on top of a M14 with a winged Bomar rib. My machinist neighbor simply machined a Weaver scope mount to fit on top of the Bomar rib. He used the existing Bomar mounting holes and created new holes on the Weaver. I mounted a Ultra Dot on the Weaver base and there are no additional holes in the either Bomar rib or the S&W M14. I know of another shooter that had the scallops machined to simply mount rings on a rib.

ropsahl

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz on 9/23/2019, 2:59 pm

I remember seeing a Bomar rib that had slots machined into it and then steel Weaver blocks were silver brazed in those slots.
It was an elegant job.

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum