Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New S&W M-41

2 posters

Go down

My New S&W M-41 Empty My New S&W M-41

Post by jstanfield103 10/9/2019, 6:30 pm

Guy's / Gals
I have been wanting a S&W M41 for several years. Ever since I sold the one I had that I could not get to function with out a stove pipe every magazine. It was an older one that had the compensator and weights. I got this new one on Monday and it looked great, only problem I saw was the feed ramp was butchered from the factory. Must have been a really bad bit when it was cut. I sanded the feed ramp tooling gouges out of it and polished the ramp. Looks good now and function great. I sighted the factory  sights in yesterday with 200 rounds. Only problem was one failure to load on second magazine. No problems what so ever after that. What a beautiful pistol. Every bit a nice as the older ones as far as bluing and build quality. In fact better in build quality, this one shoots fine so far.
Anyway,
What a versatile pistol this is going to be. It's going to be so much fun to shoot.
I got my scope rail on her today, still can use the factory sights with the scope rail. Then put my Vortex Venom on it. Nice red dot and compact. Looks great. Then fixed a scope on her for that precision shooting when needed. Tomorrow is range day to sight them all in. Happy, Happy, Happy.
 My New S&W M-41 2019-S-W-M41-1
My New S&W M-41 2019-S-W-M41-2
My New S&W M-41 2019-S-W-M41-3
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

My New S&W M-41 Empty Re: My New S&W M-41

Post by gregbenner 10/9/2019, 8:54 pm

Very nice  Im a big fan of the 41, great pistols

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by jstanfield103 10/9/2019, 10:05 pm

Thanks,
I have small hands so I ended up sanding the right thumb rest off the factory grip and re-finished it in wax. Looks factory done and feel great. I then went in and adjusted the poundage of the trigger as light as it would go and the trigger over travel. Painted the front sight bright Red also. She is already to go for the range tomorrow. I am glad I did not buy another used one. This new one is shooting very well so far. Not but that one hick up on the second magazine and that's been it. Very happy with her. I have two Ruger Mark IV's and a 1978 Browning Challenger two that I really Love all three of these pistols. All are great shooters and very well made, but this M41 I have fallen in Love with. It quickly became my favorite pistol. I will eventually get two more barrels for it and set each barrel up the way I use all the sighting systems on this that I have now. Just change a barrel out and leave the sights on it.
Here is a couple pictures of the grip as it is now. It locks right in my smaller hands very comfortable.
My New S&W M-41 DSC00667
My New S&W M-41 DSC00670
My New S&W M-41 S-W-M-41-1
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 10/10/2019, 11:42 am

A couple of the many things I love about the 41 are the availability of different barrels, and the ease of swapping them.  I’ve got several, a 7 3/8” with iron sights, a factory 5” “field barrel, factory 5 1/2” heavy, and a Clark. I also have medium hands, have a Rink grip on one, and the CMM 45 style with shark grips on the other. I have Burris FF3 dot sights on the Clark and the factory 5 1/2.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by jstanfield103 10/10/2019, 9:53 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Took mine out today. I was shooting SK Match ammo, ran flawless. I ran out of that and started shooting Federal Match and had extraction after extraction problems. Heavy wax on those rounds. I finally would take a drop of oil on top round in the magazine which helped tremendously. Never buy federal match again.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum