Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pardini slide racker

4 posters

Go down

pardini slide racker Empty pardini slide racker

Post by CrankyThunder 11/30/2019, 5:32 pm

A number of people have asked for more information concerning the slide racker that I installed on my Pardini SP.  

Basically, with all the dry firing I was doing with the dry fire plug, I was developing blisters on my fingers from racking the slide.  

you see, the pardini slide is designed to be racked from the top with fingers on both sides of the pistol but when you have a red dot installed, this technique is difficult if not impossible.  Consequently there are a couple of alternative methods, none of which are very comfortable. 

So I obtained a High Standard Slide Racker, Drilled the correct sized hole for the tap in the left side of the pardini bolt, tapped it, and installed the slide racker.  I did not drill all the way through to the center of the bolt and had to grind off the nose of the tap to get enough depth without drilling through.  used a drill press to drill the hole to make sure it was all square.
Attachments
pardini slide racker Attachment
pardini slide racker 4 small small.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(34 Kb) Downloaded 29 times
pardini slide racker 3 small small.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(52 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
pardini slide racker 2 small small.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(50 Kb) Downloaded 15 times
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

pardini slide racker Empty Re: pardini slide racker

Post by CrankyThunder 11/30/2019, 5:35 pm

pardini slide racker Pardin16
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljohns 3/8/2022, 2:31 pm

Where can I purchase one of these High Standard Slide Rackers ?

Lloyd 
Ljohns
Ljohns

scootso likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupebuilder 3/8/2022, 2:49 pm

Interarms has them for about 15.00

Coupebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljohns 3/8/2022, 3:27 pm

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I got it ordered.

Lloyd
Ljohns
Ljohns

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljohns 4/29/2022, 12:44 pm

I received the slide racker from Interarms. $15 just like I was told.

Since I live in Tampa I take my Pardini SP over to the distributer once a year to have them clean, inspect, replace any parts that show wear. and adjust the trigger.

While I was there I talked with Vladimir about the slide racker. I thought maybe I could have them install it for me. Vladimir didn't think the #6 fastener on the racker was big enough. He thought a #8 might be better. He also said it would be OK to drill all the way through one side of the bolt as long as there were no burrs left to interfere with the barrel. Same with the threads on the racker. They shouldn't extend into the bore to interfere with the barrel either. He said the Pardini bolt is hardened and special tools would be required to machine it so he didn't want to try and install it for me.

I have some machine tools but no special tooling and not being a machinist I didn't feel comfortable hacking on this expensive part myself. My nephew owns and runs a machine shop so I asked him to help me with this project. I machined a slide racker of my own design out of a piece of 3/8" hex stock and #10 threaded rod I acquired at the hardware store. My nephew used carbide tools and drilled, tapped and spotfaced the bolt to accept my racker. We assembled it with blue Locktite and torqued it down with a box end wrench.

I took the pistol to the range this week to try it out. What a difference. No more stretching and trying to extend my short chubby fingers over the scope and struggling to cock the pistol. I just reach up with my left hand, pull back on the slide racker and chamber the next round. What a delight! I should have done this years ago.

pardini slide racker Chargi10
Ljohns
Ljohns

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 4/29/2022, 1:41 pm

Being left handed, I just reach under to grasp the slide. Very Happy
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

mpolans likes this post

Back to top Go down