Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear sight off

3 posters

Go down

rear sight off Empty rear sight off

Post by impalanut 12/1/2019, 8:27 pm

Have a S&W model 41. Today it was consistently shooting to the left. I adjusted the rear sight. I am at the max of adjustment and it is still shooting a little left. Is there a way to recenter the rear sight so I am in the middle of the adjusting range when centered? Thanks

impalanut

Back to top Go down

rear sight off Empty Re: rear sight off

Post by Tim:H11 12/1/2019, 8:45 pm

Well.. Immediately two ideas come to mind.. The front sight on a S&W Model 41 is a fixed front sight so theres no adjustment there. Could it, however have sustained any damage? Maybe it was hit or dropped and the front sight is bent slightly? Check to see if it is. If so you might be able to carefully bend it back with the use of proper tools and technique.

The other idea I have is this; the same situation could have occurred to the rear sight. Now, the rear sight fortunately is dovetailed into the barrel so if it does appear to be out of alignment, drift it back to center. Mechanically zero the rear sight and if it's not centered then drift the whole rear sight body over to correct the misalignment. 

These are the only two ideas I've got. I hope it's one of these. Anything else might be a bigger issue... Best of luck.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 12/1/2019, 9:22 pm

which barrel and rear sight do you have.. picture would help..

you said today it was shooting left. as opposed to last week.? what changed
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by impalanut 12/3/2019, 8:18 pm

took it to the local gunsmith. He put a laser in the barrel and it turns out that it is set high right. Probably what changed was the way I was shooting and I must be pulling left. Probably poor trigger control, as I have similar but worse issues with my carry gun, which has a heavier trigger. I was improving, so I must have reverted back to an old habit again.

impalanut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down