New barrel or just new bushing?

Go down

New barrel or just new bushing? Empty New barrel or just new bushing?

Post by kcl31 on 12/3/2019, 10:52 pm

I have a Les Bear Premier II 1.5 version, it was bought used last year, I have around 1000 rounds on it now, and previous owner clam he has 2000 rounds on it.

I understand I shouldn’t expect 1.5” at 50yd from a Les Bear 1.5 as it is more like a grading than real test result. But this gun just show ~8” at 50yd with factory ammo and ~4” at 50yd with my 200grain Hornady HAP reload, which is easily beaten by my Sig P226 with BarSto drop in semi-custom barrel using 115grain Hornady HAP reload.

This makes me thinking if the gun already wear out, and I should send it to a bullseye smith to get a new barrel/barrel bushing/barrel link? If so, how should I tell if I need to do all or just start with a new bushing?

Thanks

kcl31

Back to top Go down

New barrel or just new bushing? Empty Re: New barrel or just new bushing?

Post by kcl31 on 12/3/2019, 10:57 pm

BTW, all the 50yd test are done on sand bag with red dot sight. I’ve got many less than 2” result using other gun with same method, so I guess the 4” group shouldn’t be all my fault.

kcl31

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on 12/3/2019, 11:21 pm

The answer is to send the entire pistol to a bullseye smith and let them tell you what it needs. Asking a bunch of people online about a pistol they can't inspect won't yield good info.

Saying that, from what I've heard of Les Baer's barrel fitting if I were going through the hassle of shipping the pistol to a smith I would probably lean toward replacing the barrel, bushing and slide stop. Basically a total rebuild minus welding and refitting the slide/frame, the LB slide to frame should be decent.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum